arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HMD Decided to move in Finland
To improve data security, HMD is moving data from Nokia phones to Finland. Nokia smartphone users knows well HMD securty and innovations. this is a good news for Nokia users because security is going to be more strong and reliable. even in next updates.
Going forward, HMD-made Nokia phones will be sending activation and performance data to Google Cloud servers in Finland. This data will be under the EU’s data privacy regulations, including GDPR.
The first phones to make the move are the new Nokia 4.2, Nokia 3.2 and Nokia 2.2. Older models will join in with the Android Q update, which will start rolling out later this year and complete in 2020.

The data will be collected on Google Cloud servers in Hamina, Finland. HMD has also partnered with consultancy firm CGI to analyze the data to look for ways to improve the user experience on current phones and design future models.

Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Wait, I didn't quite understand what you are saying, how does them moving affect the phones?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
i guess he thinks the EU data privacy law and others and their oversight will keep private data from being used for wrong purpose.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(06-19-2019, 09:48 AM)Honey Wrote: Wait, I didn't quite understand what you are saying, how does them moving affect the phones?

Because the security risk is decrease in Finland instead of China. as Huawei network based issues the HMD decided to shift Finland for security patches and updates for Nokia smartphones. New updates are hopefully more efficient and reliable the past and risk of malwares and viruses are controlled.  Its all about privacy issues. as you know Nokia has there two major workshops are settled in Finland and Hungary. and the Quality of those phones much better then it goes to made in china.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
We (staff) have receive reports against this thread and if i'm not wrong (Yeah i'm not) your other thread also closed due to copy/paste reason.
Rule: 5 (Do not copy - paste any tutorial from somewhere in hurry to get VPS until you have proof that the tutorial is made by you.)

I sent private message to the reporter of this thread but i thought the video link you've provided is a source but it not.
You use other content and give them credits but obviously do not make ditto copy of their content.

I'm closing this thread and since @deanhills sent your private message which i don't know what is it so i can't take any action.
It's upto @deanhills now.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

(06-21-2019, 09:47 PM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: I'm closing this thread and since @deanhills sent your private message which i don't know what is it so i can't take any action.
It's upto @deanhills now.
Thanks @arsalahmed786. This thread predates the one that I closed and also the PM I sent to @sagher - so no further action is needed at this time. Agreed that this thread should be closed. @sagher was warned that future threads like these will be removed from the forum and result in disciplinary action.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting