arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ready-only SD card
Hello,

Today my SD card suddenly goes weird.

It does APPEAR to be normal though. When I copy files into it or delete files from it, the OS does not show me any error. Not even showing write-protected error or similar.

But after I unplug and re-plug the SD card to my PC, all my changes made (add or delete files) are gone.

So it actually becomes a ready-only SD card.

Anything possible I can do to fix it?

I can understand.I have done fixing of these type of SD Card errors with a Disk Management tool.The tool i used was Partition Guru.I will suggest you you try this.It does not works on all but works on some SD Cards.
Just Download The partition guru and deleted the SD Card partition with tool and re-create.

Warning: It may harm your Hard Drive.So operate it carefully.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
Take backups of the data that you stored on the SD card ASAP if you value what is on it.

I will stick my head wide out the window and say it is a hardware defect.

Nonetheless you can try a few things out and see if they bear any success.

1. Actually make sure the hardware "read only" switch that exists on SD cards isn't enabled.

2. Try to remove the read only attribute (if Windows somehow decided to mess up and set it for the SD card).
https://www.easeus.com/storage-media-rec...drive.html Wrote:1. Connect the ”Read Only” storage device such as an SD card, USB, external hard drive  to your PC
2. Open a Command Prompt by typing: command in the Search tab, click Command Prompt
3. Type: diskpart and hit Enter
4. Type: list disk and hit Enter
5. Type: select disk 0 and hit Enter (0 will be the drive letter of your read-only hard drive/USB/SD card, etc.)
6. Type: attributes disk clear readonly and hit Enter
7. Type: exit and hit Enter to finish the process

3. Check the filesystem of the SD card and let it be repaired (chkdsk and such).

4. Backup data and try to format it and see what happens.

If this has no success it is more of a sign that there is a hardware defect such as the flash cells being broken and turning read only or the controller being broken.

Being honest, all attempts to save the card are worthless. Save all data you can first and then you can play around with it as much as you want but I highly doubt you will be able to do anything if all above attempts failed.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
@'Hidden Refuge', thanks. No worry, I have multiple backups of useful data. My main purpose is to find out if it is possible to fix it. It is more a process for learning than for actually saving the SD card.

1. It is not locked.

2. Not working.

3. When I run chkdsk, it does show me some errors of index entries. But chkdsk also tells me that it cannot continue in read-only mode and it exits at stage 2 without fixing anything.

4. Will certainly do it after I try out all other methods I may find. Actually I am now trying to test on Ubuntu because it is not much I can do on Windows now.

I fixed that by taking a backup from my sd card and reset it from my mobile phone
Its working with me till now Smile
The simplest way is told as @youssefbasha. if still not then fine a software called "HPUSBDisk" easily available on internet. and then format it on this software. if still the problem exist then contact me i ll do something more for you.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting