arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating APP in playstore, lost key
Shocked 
Hi, 
i am trying to add updated apk file to playstore, but I have no certificate used to sign the previous version. I have no key files. 
play console says the certificate is different.
some searches says to create duplicate project. But is it against terms?
How can I solve the issue. Support chat is not available currently.

Thank you  Sweet

When you lost your developer key, you must contact Google to sort everything out, they can't recover your devkey because it is encrypted so maybe they will offer you another solution.
Right now the only thing you can do without Google support is to notify your customers and let them migrate to the new application and meanwhile request a takedown for your previous application.

Good luck Smile
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(03-28-2020, 06:47 PM)LightDestory Wrote: When you lost your developer key, you must contact Google to sort everything out, they can't recover your devkey because it is encrypted so maybe they will offer you another solution.
Right now the only thing you can do without Google support is to notify your customers and let them migrate to the new application and meanwhile request a takedown for your previous application.

Good luck Smile
Thanks for the response. Since it is an emergency time all over the world it seems google employees are also on leave. Support seems to be slow. Meantime I have just changed the package name and created a new project in google console. I have enrolled to google app sign and used my own key and received some certificate.
Currently the project is on pending publication while I unpublished the old app.

Thank you  Sweet

Nice to hear it Smile

Google's employees are likely in the same situation like us, locked down on their own home. Well, we can say that Support job is likely doable in a situation like this because you only need to write emails but who know what are the internal policy that Google adopts.

Make sure to let your customers know, because due to a different signature you can't install your new application on top of the old one!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting