arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The link you have followed is expired.
Hello friends,
                      I am trying to create a blog.I am designing my website.During design i found a sample .xml file.I am try to import it with the Wordpress Importer but whenever i import the file and select the user and given option and click import, site shows that the link you have followed is expired.
In past i faced this problem during the installation of a theme.But the problem was solved with the help of change the max_upload_filesize, post_max_size and max_execution time.But now i am trying to fix this from 2 hours but nothing works.Anybody know what is the problem?
I am tired too much in searching for the solution.Too much tired of life  Crazy  Crazy  Confused

EDIT
Solution  
https://post4vps.com/thread-2989-post-27...l#pid27281

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
here is the page with helpful instructions on importing data into a wordpress site.
https://wordpress.org/support/article/im...g-content/

Now this is how i was thinking. Even if it fails midway, your site db might have partial data loaded. So is there even some of the data you are trying to import, on your site somewhere, even after a failed attempt ?

If not then it is not even beginning. then may be the data xml is corrupt or not properly formatted. Why don't you install locally and experiment some to find out whats up.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(05-23-2019, 10:48 AM)rudra Wrote: here is the page with helpful instructions on importing data into a wordpress site.

Now this is how i was thinking. Even if it fails midway, your site db might have partial data loaded. So is there even some of the data you are trying to import, on your site somewhere, even after a failed attempt ?

If not then it is not even beginning. then may be the data xml is corrupt or not properly formatted. Why don't you install locally and experiment some to find out whats up.

Yea, i think you are right.I am also thinking that maybe the xml file is broken.I should re-download.Actually i am installing a theme which require to import that xml file.
On the other hand i don't think that is the .xml file problem because i tried importing a sample backup .xml file.

(05-23-2019, 10:48 AM)rudra Wrote: here is the page with helpful instructions on importing data into a wordpress site.

Do you know what version was loaded when the xml file was created? Have you tried an earlier version of WordPress?

I have a feeling that the xml backup must have been created before 5.0 version and 5.0 is so different from before that maybe it spontaneously doesn't want to except the old xml import.

Here is a link to the earlier versions of WordPress:

https://wordpress.org/download/releases/

It has the dates against the releases, so maybe you could work out when the xml could have been created and use that release. You can then always upgrade WordPress immediately after.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Atlast i found the issue.The problem was due to a plugin.I simply disabled all plugins and imported the file.Everything is working fine now.

I disabled all plugins and uploaded the file.After this i started activating plugin one by one and found that the issue was due a advance uploader.I had a advance uploader plugin which was causing this.I have removed that and activated all plugins.Now everything is working fine.

Topic can be locked and i have linked this reply at 1st post for future searches.

When people post such issues, it almost has a tendency to become a presumption that plugins have been disabled and checked. but this proves yet again to be a solution when one is in a tough spot. good find !!
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Glad the issue has been fixed @Rehan. Agreed @rudra.

Since issue has been solved am closing the thread.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting