arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitter bug exposed user passwords
That is especially weird..why would twitter be storing passwords without some sort of encryption
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(05-31-2018, 02:45 PM)Honey Wrote: That is especially weird..why would twitter be storing passwords without some sort of encryption

It was not their intention to store passwords without encryption.

It is fair to say that their software should be originally designed to store passwords with encryption.

It was just because of a bug in their software that accidentally wrote the passwords to an internal log in plaintext.

I sometimes wonder whether the social media are using these types of scary announcements to promote themselves or get people to reactivate their accounts. I guess for those who are big users of Twitter they may have something to lose. But I don't think it would make a huge impact if someone should get to discover my password. I only use pseudonyms, and never the same password. The account is also not that meaningful to me.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Twitter is a shithole, place of censorship. I don't get why people still use it. I would rather talk in Facebook than go to Twitter
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(06-02-2018, 05:18 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: It was not their intention to store passwords without encryption.

It is fair to say that their software should be originally designed to store passwords with encryption.

It was just because of a bug in their software that accidentally wrote the passwords to an internal log in plaintext.

They do it on purpose so they can sell twitter accounts for some easy cash.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-30-2019, 09:40 AM
Last Post: PacPers

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting