arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 4 - SSH Not accessible
At first SSH eas denying the password I set via the panel.
Tried Serial console, then checked ifconfig it was empty. (Except for loopback interface)
Reconfigured networking in panel.
Now SSH won't even let me enter my username. Serial console doesn't work also.

EDIT:
The reason I found out that networking wasn't configured is when I tried to ping my other server it said "unknown host". check resolv.conf it has correct dns servers. check ifconfig it has no venet interface.
What's weird is when I tried to connect to the IP, it connected (Before I reconfigured the networking). Which makes it seems that the IP assigned to my VPS is used by another VPS.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
can you confirm the vm is working properly in the panel?
The VPS's status is online. It's not "working properly" since I can't even login via serial console.
And it time outs at times. Even using another VPS to login doesn't work. It's clearly the problem of the host.
Ok.

I can't tell what the problem is but i can only tell to you:

Wait untill an admin replies and contact the provider.
Or check if the panel (check if it manage ports too) blocks the port.

Im sorry for the problem.
Your IP Blocked By Your Own VPS???
Or The providers that blocked Your Ip??
Have you Try Restarting Your VPS ???

I also Often in SSH can not be used, the solution for myself was Restart VPS and Changing the IP Modem , Or Should Not Allow. backup all data and Reinstall the VPS
Sorry for My Bad English
I am Web Developer || Python, NodeJs, C# Programer
My Fiverr Profile
(06-26-2016, 09:01 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: Ok.

I can't tell what the problem is but i can only tell to you:

Wait untill an admin replies and contact the provider.
Or check if the panel (check if it manage ports too) blocks the port.

Im sorry for the problem.

The panel is SolusVM. It doesn't block ports.
Also the VM seems to have networking problems which can only be fixed by recreating the VPS as far as I know. (It doesn't have the venet0 interface as I said)

(06-26-2016, 11:33 PM)Arkiven4 Wrote: Your IP Blocked By Your Own VPS???
Or The providers that blocked Your Ip??
Have you Try Restarting Your VPS ???

I also Often in SSH can not be used, the solution for myself was Restart VPS and Changing the IP Modem , Or Should Not Allow. backup all data and Reinstall the VPS

Obviously not to your first 2 questions. And to your third question, of course. It's the basics of troubleshooting.
As I said, ifconfig is empty. Even reconfigure networking didn't fix it. (Restarting and reinstalling are basics too. I also did that too of course Eh)
Thats weird, look like something is terribly wrong in network configuration as there is no network adapter venet0 available to connect network.

Edit: There is nothing wrong with hmb network nodes as other servers on same node are working fine look like your network configuration is corrupted by a Program, only option is to reinstall your server.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(06-27-2016, 03:26 AM)TrK Wrote: Thats weird, look like something is terribly wrong in network configuration as there is no network adapter venet0 available to connect network.

Edit: There is nothing wrong with hmb network nodes as other servers on same node are working fine look like your network configuration is corrupted by a Program, only option is to reinstall your server.

It's not a problem with the installation. I did a reinstall already. Which cause even Serial console not to be accessed.
As far as I know, it's a bug in solusvm. Only way to fix that is for the host to recreate the VPS via the command line. :3
Fixed and working for me, login to your panel to change your root password.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting