arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RackNerd  VPS 3 review
A.Prologue

Since I am amateur to vps,I am glad to get one to experiment on.However seems this forum lacks review of vps3 so would like to make one.

B.Server info

Please note:All these tests are not running on a bare system.It has a LNMP+aapanel running on background.
System Info
-----------
Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz
CPU Cores       : 1 @ 2899.996 MHz
Memory          : 810 MiB
Swap            : 1023 MiB
Uptime          : 15:36,

OS              : CentOS Linux 8
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 4.18.0-240.22.1.el8_3.x86_64
Hostname        : sponsoredvps.1

Speedtest.py
[root@sponsoredvps ~]# python3 speedtest.py
Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from Multacom Corporation (***.***.***.***)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Cox - Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) [1546.07 km]: 7.222 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 475.86 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 755.70 Mbit/s

Multi-node speedtest
Quote:Modified from @sohamb03 's script for some node speed is low which lags the benchmark speed.

Location                Provider        Speed
--------                --------        -----
CDN                     Cachefly        91.6MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         @sohamb03       33.2MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       7.97MB/s
San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       69.4MB/s
Washington, DC, US      Leaseweb        4.28MB/s

Singapore               Softlayer       5.81MB/s
Taiwan                  Hinet           18.1MB/s
Tokyo, Japan            Linode          3.12MB/s

Nuremberg, Germany      Hetzner         3.13MB/s
Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         90.0MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        4.75MB/s
Milan, Italy            Softlayer       1.64MB/s
A-1.additional results
[root@sponsoredvps ~]# wget http://speedtest.sao01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
--2021-04-11 23:17:02--  http://speedtest.sao01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
Resolving speedtest.sao01.softlayer.com (speedtest.sao01.softlayer.com)... 2607:f0d0:1d01:12::4, 169.57.128.148
Connecting to speedtest.sao01.softlayer.com (speedtest.sao01.softlayer.com)|2607:f0d0:1d01:12::4|:80... failed: No route to host.
Connecting to speedtest.sao01.softlayer.com (speedtest.sao01.softlayer.com)|169.57.128.148|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 104874307 (100M) [application/zip]
Saving to: ‘test100.zip’

test100.zip          25%[===>             ]  25.03M  1.47MB/s    eta

(Worst times can be 30KB/s)
[root@sponsoredvps ~]# wget http://87.76.16.10/test100.zip
--2021-04-11 21:03:19--  http://87.76.16.10/test100.zip
Connecting to 87.76.16.10:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 104874307 (100M) [application/zip]
Saving to: ‘test100.zip.1’

test100.zip.1         7%[>                ]   7.38M   433KB/s    eta 3m 36s ^C
[root@sponsoredvps ~]#
Quote:If you are aiming to make business to South America and Australia,you might want to seek another provider as the speed is not much reliable(maybe related to data transfer peaks) however the overall speed is good.

Buffered Sequential Write Speed
------------------------------
I/O (1st run)   : 226 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 274 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 238 MB/s
Average I/O     : 246 MB/s

Geekbench 4(4.3.3)
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16129262

At that time,the background processes are:https://ibb.co/gvL6kMh .I stopped aapanel and LNMP to try to make the result fair.

C.Usage review

China-specific connection speed 3.5/5
Since this provider provides a looking glass I chose the provider.And I have to say that despite the GFW my download speed can still achieve 2MB/s using multi-thread download utility,the same as upload.I noticed that some vps customers of them here (as this brand is somehow known to Chines vps holders for the low price) say Recknerd is using CN2(Chinatelecom Next Carrier Network) networks but at least for me they are using traditional network(Chinanet Backbone).Understandable as using CN2 is another part of cost.

Website hosting 4/5
If you decide to host a blog that's enough for you and you can expect it to run at good speed.(at least not considering the server to be another delay for your website load speed)
SeeSadsingle run as it takes time)
https://report.wpbenchmark.io/wDqZefxg1C/
But if you use heavy scripts like nextcloud,you may want to consider disable some plugins.

RDP Usage 2/5
Get a better one.Usable but not recommended.

D.Conclusion
Having not experience much in the vps world I really can't give too much thoughts.But anyway I can say it worth your posts - definitely you can apply for a better one,but consider your use case and leave more powerful one for advanced members.I know euserv provides free vps that looked almost identical to this from the specs,but you can easily hike the vcpu to 100% while not installing/benchmarking when using euserv while here you can only expect 100% usage when benchmarking or installing applications.That's the difference.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
While I enjoyed the last half of your review, I feel that you could have maybe a little more substance. Perhaps discussing ease of use, your thoughts on the VPS Panel, or even what you're future goals for your VPS are. As for RDP, you could switch to a VNC viewer or something a little more lightweight.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
Ok, there is a lot of stats, but how much traffic does your site get? I wanted to know how does it perform under load. Please share what is the scripts you are using?
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
(04-16-2021, 02:01 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: While I enjoyed the last half of your review, I feel that you could have maybe a little more substance. Perhaps discussing ease of use, your thoughts on the VPS Panel, or even what you're future goals for your VPS are. As for RDP, you could switch to a VNC viewer or something a little more lightweight.

Thanks for the suggestion.Since I have not put this one into a single aim(most time installing one script,uninstall and try another) I have not many thoughts to express.I received the VPS with no built-in panel and the thoughts on self-installed panel seems to be somehow offtopic here.

I often see other reviews including benchmark scores but I think these scores is more a proof of their opinions than measuring the overall performance.So that's why I just benchmarked the basics and focused more on personal feelings,which may be too subjective.

I will try to enrich the review when I have time as we have our midterm exam in few weeks.Thanks again for pointing out the problem.

(04-16-2021, 04:24 PM)debjit Wrote: Ok, there is a lot of stats, but how much traffic does your site get? I wanted to know how does it perform under load. Please share what is the scripts you are using?

Uh.Actually I have no traffic now as I haven't enrich the content now.I am currently experimenting the scripts and haven't decide it yet and that's why I included bechmark results for wordpress.Actually I seldom use wordpress,but as most people prefer wordpress I installed one at that time just to see how it performs and for the benchmark.(My personal blog is using setendipity,which have not migrated here mow)
I really enjoyed reading your review and the way you written is pretty nice for your first time! You have provided most of the details! The VPS Network Speed is quite nice. Is it possible if you could do a GeekBench do and include it in your review?
Is it only me or when downloading the 100MB Test File the speed is low? 1.47MB/s? Have you tried any different mirror or something?

Quite nice review though!
Regards,
sAmI
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(04-16-2021, 06:25 PM)sAmI Wrote: I really enjoyed reading your review and the way you written is pretty nice for your first time! You have provided most of the details! The VPS Network Speed is quite nice. Is it possible if you could do a GeekBench do and include it in your review?
Is it only me or when downloading the 100MB Test File the speed is low? 1.47MB/s? Have you tried any different mirror or something?

Quite nice review though!
Regards,
sAmI
Thanks for commenting.
Regarding the download speed,it seems in specific regions ,peak times the download speed is bad(believe it or not,in my first test the speed of one node is as slow as 30kb/s,which I pointed in the additional results(A-1),and that's why I said the network speed is not very reliable in Australia and South Africa after the testing results.

I will try the geekbench and post the results here.
Updated the post.https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16129262 .Getting a ~2700 score and it seems good.
(04-16-2021, 04:25 PM)mzltest Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion.Since I have not put this one into a single aim(most time installing one script,uninstall and try another) I have not many thoughts to express.I received the VPS with no built-in panel and the thoughts on self-installed panel seems to be somehow offtopic here.

I often see other reviews including benchmark scores but I think these scores is more a proof of their opinions than measuring the overall performance.So that's why I just benchmarked the basics and focused more on personal feelings,which may be too subjective.

I will try to enrich the review when I have time as we have our midterm exam in few weeks.Thanks again for pointing out the problem.

I don't see anything as a problem, I've noticed that even with my review of VPS 9 from @cubedata more people tend to interact with the forums more getting to see what someone's thought process or goals are with their VPS. It help creates a lively community at the end of the day. I really enjoy your review and the specs seem solid.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting