arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WARNING - Stay away from Dex Bolt (Australian fraudster w/ several jail sentences)
Dear Post4VPS Community

Please take your time and read the information below slowly and carefully. This is a serious warning. You and your data might be in danger! Don't be an accomplice to fraud!

Before we start I will provide you with Aliases that you should watch out for:
  • Grant Lambden
  • Grant Peter Lambden
  • Grant Bolt
  • Dex Bolt
  • Kirsti Panton
  • Kirsti Tunney (or Tunny or Tunnney)
  • Saffa Clark

Let's start with the actual history and events leading to this warning.

The year 2012... I discovered FreeVPS.us (FreeVPS Directory & Discussion). I have joined the site and started posting there. Once I reached the minimum requirements I requested a VPS got it instantly from a person called Grant (nickname) full name "Grant Lambden". Grant at the time was a administator on the forum and he provided a lot of free services beside the actual FreeVPS.us free VPSs that were sponsored by hosting companies. He provided VPSs, shared hosting, domains and etc all for free in multiple locations world wide.

For days or maybe even for a week or two everything seemed to be fine. Suddenly a lot of people including me had issues with their VPSs... we couldn't access them anymore. Grant said there were issues at the data center and that they would be fixed. Nothing was ever fixed. He proceeded to hand out free service in other locations that were still online. No long after that this locations went offline, too. Grant didn't really try to explain what happened and he kept evading requests and etc. Something was clearly wrong. A day later he has lost his status as an administrator on FreeVPS.us

Shortly after that an announcement on FreeVPS.us was posted and Grant has been banned. The announcement was shocking. All services provided by Grant were paid for with credit card fraud and other dirty money. Hence why everything went down and never came back. The fraud has been busted by the banks, credit card companies and the hosting companies that were scammed by Grant when he used stolen credit cards to pay for the dedicated servers, domains and etc. It also turned out that he tried to take over FreeVPS.us as one of the conditions to provide service for free to FreeVPS.us users was for him to become a full administrator and get control of the forum. He failed at that thankfully. His whole scam was exposed.

Sadly a number of great people left the forum after this fraudster trying to take it over. A few people have also been banned for supporting Grant and helping him. A staff member (a moderator) has left staff ranks because he felt guilty for the whole thing going down. He was the person who found Grant and brought him to FreeVPS.us but he couldn't/didn't even know at that point that Grant was a well known fraudster in Australia. In addition to that the fraud that Grant has done has caused more damage to other people and hosting companies. Back then you could find many threads online about Grant Peter Lambden and his scam/fraud. It turned out he was well known for them and it wasn't his first time doing this.

The story doesn't end here! He launched his own forum where he again provided free services in all kinds paid for with credit card fraud and other dirty money. He also initated DDoS attacks on FreeVPS.us to hurt them even more. Well, he didn't have much luck with that. FreeVPS.us had DDoS protection and his attacks only caused small downtimes. On his forum he was also selling dedicated servers with great specifications for very little money (like everthing he provided it was too good to be true). A few people took the bait and bought the dedicated servers... but they never received them while Grant had their money in his hands. He evaded all their requests and etc. And he tried to take over FreeVPS.us a second time with crap like he will call the police and etc. because he owns the trademark FreeVPS Directory & Discussion and etc. All empty attempts and lies.

His forum died later on and it has become a little quiet. I think he actually served another jail sentence because of the fraud and scams he performed in 2012/2013. We're still not done! Years later he appeared again under the name "Grant Bolt". That was a short story though. I instantly found out that it was Grant Peter Lambden and he was banned. Didn't hear or see much about him after that til today or rather said yesterday.

Now we have July 2020. A day ago @dex has registered here and out of nowhere started to give out free hosting and VPSs. He didn't have any site or e-mail to order or get support. People here instantly took the bait and sign up for free services.

Thread 1: https://post4vps.com/Thread-Free-SolusVM-VPS-Hosting
Thread 2: https://post4vps.com/Thread-Free-LA-Web-...-7-Support

Hours later he somehow got new locations and suddenly there is that company "SharkHost Pty Ltd". Sadly that company is non-existent. Pty Ltd is a legal form of business in Australia that requires a registration in a public business registry. THIS REGISTRATION FOR THIS COMPANY DOESN'T EXIST. The website for that company is empty. The billing page is a nulled/unlicensed/unauthorized WHMCS installation. He says he is US based but has an Australian commerical domain ending with .com.au. and uses a company form that doesn't exist in the US.

[Image: GN3kWaD.png]

So far we have:
- Fake company that uses a legal business form that is used in Australia but is based in the US
- A nulled/unlicensed/unauthorized WHMCS billing site
- A empty hosting company site

@Dynamo asked @dex out a bit. And so @dex provided his "business" registration.

Link: https://abr.business.gov.au/ABN/View?abn=13082343457

Problem: This is a registration of a individual and not a private company like a Pty Ltd company would be... also the registration name doesn't match the company name. So we have this Dex Bolt individual... now check the name history and business history on his registration details. GRANT PETER LAMBDEN, GRANT LAMBDEN...

[Image: Wdh0u0I.png]

Rings some bells? Grant "Bolt". Does for me. At this moment I knew I was 100% right on the money regarding this Dex Bolt individual to be the Australian fraudster I knew since 2012 and all his frauds/scams. I had no doubts since it is all as it was back in 2012/2013. Same way around with people, providing free services, fake companies, bad English and etc. Even the picture... I recognized his face from previous pictures that I seen in 2012/2013 when he was busted for his scam on FreeVPS.us, WebHostTalk and etc.

More reference about his past history/fraud/scam:
Sadly a lot more evidence is lost because sites that had it went offline and are no longer in the search history of Google. If I would have the URLs I would provide more evidence given that the archive.org website would have the sites cached online. There were news articles about him and other forum threads on Australian forums exposing him in detail and his frauds.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS INDIVIDUAL AND HIS FRAUD/SCAM OPERATIONS!
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(07-16-2020, 01:20 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote:
Dear Post4VPS Community

Please take your time and read the information below slowly and carefully. This is a serious warning. You and your data might be in danger! Don't be an accomplice to fraud!

Before we start I will provide you with Aliases that you should watch out for:
  • Grant Lambden
  • Grant Peter Lambden
  • Grant Bolt
  • Dex Bolt
  • Kirsti Panton
  • Kirsti Tunney (or Tunny or Tunnney)
  • Saffa Clark

Let's start with the actual history and events leading to this warning.

The year 2012... I discovered FreeVPS.us (FreeVPS Directory & Discussion). I have joined the site and started posting there. Once I reached the minimum requirements I requested a VPS got it instantly from a person called Grant (nickname) full name "Grant Lambden". Grant at the time was a administator on the forum and he provided a lot of free services beside the actual FreeVPS.us free VPSs that were sponsored by hosting companies. He provided VPSs, shared hosting, domains and etc all for free in multiple locations world wide.

For days or maybe even for a week or two everything seemed to be fine. Suddenly a lot of people including me had issues with their VPSs... we couldn't access them anymore. Grant said there were issues at the data center and that they would be fixed. Nothing was ever fixed. He proceeded to hand out free service in other locations that were still online. No long after that this locations went offline, too. Grant didn't really try to explain what happened and he kept evading requests and etc. Something was clearly wrong. A day later he has lost his status as an administrator on FreeVPS.us

Shortly after that an announcement on FreeVPS.us was posted and Grant has been banned. The announcement was shocking. All services provided by Grant were paid for with credit card fraud and other dirty money. Hence why everything went down and never came back. The fraud has been busted by the banks, credit card companies and the hosting companies that were scammed by Grant when he used stolen credit cards to pay for the dedicated servers, domains and etc. It also turned out that he tried to take over FreeVPS.us as one of the conditions to provide service for free to FreeVPS.us users was for him to become a full administrator and get control of the forum. He failed at that thankfully. His whole scam was exposed.

Sadly a number of great people left the forum after this fraudster trying to take it over. A few people have also been banned for supporting Grant and helping him. A staff member (a moderator) has left staff ranks because he felt guilty for the whole thing going down. He was the person who found Grant and brought him to FreeVPS.us but he couldn't/didn't even know at that point that Grant was a well known fraudster in Australia. In addition to that the fraud that Grant has done has caused more damage to other people and hosting companies. Back then you could find many threads online about Grant Peter Lambden and his scam/fraud. It turned out he was well known for them and it wasn't his first time doing this.

The story doesn't end here! He launched his own forum where he again provided free services in all kinds paid for with credit card fraud and other dirty money. He also initated DDoS attacks on FreeVPS.us to hurt them even more. Well, he didn't have much luck with that. FreeVPS.us had DDoS protection and his attacks only caused small downtimes. On his forum he was also selling dedicated servers with great specifications for very little money (like everthing he provided it was too good to be true). A few people took the bait and bought the dedicated servers... but they never received them while Grant had their money in his hands. He evaded all their requests and etc. And he tried to take over FreeVPS.us a second time with crap like he will call the police and etc. because he owns the trademark FreeVPS Directory & Discussion and etc. All empty attempts and lies.

His forum died later on and it has become a little quiet. I think he actually served another jail sentence because of the fraud and scams he performed in 2012/2013. We're still not done! Years later he appeared again under the name "Grant Bolt". That was a short story though. I instantly found out that it was Grant Peter Lambden and he was banned. Didn't hear or see much about him after that til today or rather said yesterday.

Now we have July 2020. A day ago @dex has registered here and out of nowhere started to give out free hosting and VPSs. He didn't have any site or e-mail to order or get support. People here instantly took the bait and sign up for free services.

Thread 1: https://post4vps.com/Thread-Free-SolusVM-VPS-Hosting
Thread 2: https://post4vps.com/Thread-Free-LA-Web-...-7-Support

Hours later he somehow got new locations and suddenly there is that company "SharkHost Pty Ltd". Sadly that company is non-existent. Pty Ltd is a legal form of business in Australia that requires a registration in a public business registry. THIS REGISTRATION FOR THIS COMPANY DOESN'T EXIST. The website for that company is empty. The billing page is a nulled/unlicensed/unauthorized WHMCS installation. He says he is US based but has an Australian commerical domain ending with .com.au. and uses a company form that doesn't exist in the US.

[Image: GN3kWaD.png]

So far we have:
- Fake company that uses a legal business form that is used in Australia but is based in the US
- A nulled/unlicensed/unauthorized WHMCS billing site
- A empty hosting company site

@Dynamo asked @dex out a bit. And so @dex provided his "business" registration.

Link: https://abr.business.gov.au/ABN/View?abn=13082343457

Problem: This is a registration of a individual and not a private company like a Pty Ltd company would be... also the registration name doesn't match the company name. So we have this Dex Bolt individual... now check the name history and business history on his registration details. GRANT PETER LAMBDEN, GRANT LAMBDEN...

[Image: Wdh0u0I.png]

Rings some bells? Grant "Bolt". Does for me. At this moment I knew I was 100% right on the money regarding this Dex Bolt individual to be the Australian fraudster I knew since 2012 and all his frauds/scams. I had no doubts since it is all as it was back in 2012/2013. Same way around with people, providing free services, fake companies, bad English and etc. Even the picture... I recognized his face from previous pictures that I seen in 2012/2013 when he was busted for his scam on FreeVPS.us, WebHostTalk and etc.

More reference about his past history/fraud/scam:
Sadly a lot more evidence is lost because sites that had it went offline and are no longer in the search history of Google. If I would have the URLs I would provide more evidence given that the archive.org website would have the sites cached online. There were news articles about him and other forum threads on Australian forums exposing him in detail and his frauds.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS INDIVIDUAL AND HIS FRAUD/SCAM OPERATIONS!

First and foremost, thank you very much for doing all of this research and saving us from any trouble this would’ve brought to it. I thought this entire thing was legit at first (as you can see in my shoutbox messages)... but you proved it otherwise. Apologies for initially doubting you, completely my bad.

Secondly, thankfully none (and i mean NONE) of the information i provided to this dex guy was real info... not even the email!!! (The email exists but I don’t use it for anything)... I knew something seemed too good to be true from the beginning.... but i lied to myself and i tried to convince myself that this is legit, which it was not.

And finally, it absolutely DISGUSTS me what this guy has done. Think of all of the innocent people that had money taken out of their accounts by this fraudster. And the fact that he uses said money to buy servers and scam more people is ridiculous. This is NOT okay whatsoever.

I sure do hope this filthy individual leaves us the hell alone... I’m sick and tired of those people that always target communities and try to cause havoc (from DDoS attacks to even compromising forum accounts). This is exactly why I made the 2FA suggestion. It wasn’t a matter of if, but rather a matter of when it would happen. Just because it never happened doesn’t mean it won’t happen. And to all of those saying this is a small forum so no one will target it, let what just happened be a wake up call to you.

And again, thank you @"Hidden Refuge" for stopping this in its tracks. I sincerely apologize for doubting you at first.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
so, man!
now you are the savior of people in this community from cyber crime!
how can we thank you?

with your warnings, we hope we can learn from you how to prevent cyber crime like this!
Terminal
Solo Developer
Oh HR, I can't say how much should I thank you for this. I'd been saved by a thin margin. I was just about to register on his billing system when the thing came up, and I though tit'd be better to wait for a while. Although I revealed by RL name and email to him, he can't do anything with it. At least it's much of a relief now.

Another thing, it's really bad that he's been fooling and scamming us all this while, with stolen credit cards. It's really sad to see someone do this, and I'm thankful that I've been saved from any further trouble thanks to you. I'd really believed the guy cuz I found no justification for someone being fraud and giving away free VPS without any credit card information. But yeah .. I was definitely wrong and didn't realize how broad it was behind the curtains. Thanks again!

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Another thing you just did thank you so much!
At first, I thought it's just an fake that he will ask for the info and never will give out the VPS. The domain when i accessed was actually parked by Godaddy, And i though he would never provide any VPS at first. Thank you for doing all this research.
I'm surprised he did this in 2012 8 years back and now he is doing the same thing like wow man, He haven't learned anything at all.
Thank you for your detailed report on this matter.
The SolusVM was a little weird too. Like the Node name was like USA Datacenter Node 1 which was written in such a unprofessional way.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

Oo Hidden you are a great person. You saved us from this fraud. Yesterday when i saw this i thought it is scam. I ignored the thread. Today while reading the thread i found that Khadeer has a VPS from Dex. Now i thought, i was wrong. I messaged him my Email. He replied and asked me to register at his site. I registered but when i read this, i immediately changed my email and phone at his site.
Hope everything will be fine. Maybe he can't do anything with just an email or mobile.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
thank you HR !
What is to become of this community if you ever leave it totally !!

Now i would like to say something that must have become a cliche and yet most of us ignore that and at great cost, sometimes.

There is no free lunch....

or should i say,

something that is too good to be true probably is (too good to be true that is).

just adhere to this and you will be fine.

just a day or two ago, some hacked top Twitter accounts and posted the same old scam. 'I'm feeling generous now. send me money on this wallet. i will return double.'

i mean even i would probably believe this if that came from Elon Musk's Twitter.... cause of the unbelievable things that guy keeps doing.

Many did send and they got defrauded of their bitcoin.

I like this other related advice about stock market. don't try to game the system. invest for long term in good shares. It will eventually end up being the wisest decision for you. every big stock market guru says that. and we still have morons doing just what they told not to.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
said I would be inactive here. I have been notified by some members of Post4VPS via Discord to check it out. I already got a bit of air that this was not right, but now that HR has released the list of names of this fraudster, he has also ordered services from us, but after we have been called several times by the credit card companies about the credit cards that filled in with us were used for abuse and we should not have done business with this person (2016 to 2018). Later we also had the police at the door because the so-called "Dex" wanted to order services from us. However, everything ended well, but I did not know that he was a fraud door that is constantly going on. I will also give you an update that you should pay attention to before your take a service. First let me start with how I found out that it didn't seem very reliable.

(Discovery)
The Specs he offered were very, after all, very heavy (Comparable to 12GB VPS 16 - easy example). Also, he had not previously placed a link with the order link, no you had to send him an email to get one. I thought that was suspicious. Because there was a VPS offer with 100GB SSD for free and I thought it was pretty strange ... Who can offer this without costing a lot of money (For me this costs well above € 30 per month Excl. 21% VAT is included, so you are talking about € 360 per year and with 21% VAT you get an amount of: € 435. Well this is also a very big expense for me! No one can offer this unlimited, yes someone who millionaire, but a regular hosting company / person will not do this. Secondly, his home page was completely empty with the title "Index Of" with a folder CGI. His billing system was powered by WHMCS (Unlicensed - So stolen) His 2nd thread was actually about his shared hosting with cPanel Well not that that is very special, but still because cPanel still charges a lot per 100 users ($ 45 per server + 100 is $ 0.20 per new cpanel) But okay, here too you send him an email to win this, also very special .. After a few hours saw I said that some members had their VPS down and some still online but I have given everyone the urgent advice to immediately cut off that VPS of his and just continue with people you trust and who have been active for a long time and not just when something is offered for free to bite right away, but first find out how it is offered. If it is a full website attached then you can take a look but if you have to respond by email then I will be very careful who you send this because in this case it was a fraud door and so you can use real data so take advantage. So be careful where you place your information.
To play Devil's Advocate here. Dex is of course not a real name, it's an ID.  So technically any one could have used it. It may or may not have been the same Dex of many years ago.  It could easily have been a spammer having fun with the ID.  I find it very suspicious that some one who has gone to jail for something, would use the same ID to commit the exact same fraud a few years on.

Bottom line, one can't trust anything on the Internet. One has to always check a Website first. The Website has to show a track record of doing business with VPSs including VPS Plans, specs, TOS, maybe reviews, etc all of the usual things one sees in a Website of an established VPS Host. If any of the typical info is missing one has to question the missing info first.  And even then one never gives one's personal phone number to any one. Particularly if it's the phone with your banking info in it. The more obscure the host, the more obscure your info to that host. Like @ikk157 indicated. Maintain a Web ID that is as obscure as it needs to be for a transaction with no verifiable track record in it.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Thanks for inform us. i am also a victm i go to the page where he wish to register members first. and after it. he said my only target is to get your registration nothing else. i am confuse and decide to wait for a day. and now HR is announced here about this scammer. is there any way to unsubscribe my registration from his page.?
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting