arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you going to own a 3D printer?
Well, let's start this funny discussion about 3D printing.

Right now there are 2 types of 3D printer:
  • 3D printer based on PLA-ABS-OtherStuff, where an extruder melt and place the material
  • 3D printer based on resin, where a LCD screen uses its light to make the resin react on specific zones and so on
Both these types uses a special process called "Slicing" that takes as input a 3D model and outputs a set of instruction to "print" your model layer per layer for the extruder/LCD monitor.

You can 3D print almost everything: mechanical parts (using a polycarbonate), figures, cooking tools, furnitures and so on, there isn't a real limit, just your imagination.

There are a lot of chinese rip-off printers, there is the original Prusa, there are small and large printer. We can say that you can find for sure something suited for your needs.

So, are you going to own a 3D printer?
Do you have any sort of artistic skill to create your own models or are you going to use £D gallery such as Thingverse?

For example, I am only able to create CAD models: I can create mechanical parts or something similar because I have used CAD for some time now. Creating figures is almost impossible for me.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(02-24-2021, 10:46 AM)LightDestory Wrote: Well, let's start this funny discussion about 3D printing.

Right now there are 2 types of 3D printer:
  • 3D printer based on PLA-ABS-OtherStuff, where an extruder melt and place the material
  • 3D printer based on resin, where a LCD screen uses its light to make the resin react on specific zones and so on
Both these types uses a special process called "Slicing" that takes as input a 3D model and outputs a set of instruction to "print" your model layer per layer for the extruder/LCD monitor.

You can 3D print almost everything: mechanical parts (using a polycarbonate), figures, cooking tools, furnitures and so on, there isn't a real limit, just your imagination.

There are a lot of chinese rip-off printers, there is the original Prusa, there are small and large printer. We can say that you can find for sure something suited for your needs.

So, are you going to own a 3D printer?
Do you have any sort of artistic skill to create your own models or are you going to use £D gallery such as Thingverse?

For example, I am only able to create CAD models: I can create mechanical parts or something similar because I have used CAD for some time now. Creating figures is almost impossible for me.

3D printer is a dream for everyone specially after seen videos on YouTube . but no one exactly know about pro cons of printer specially which are available on amazon or aliexpress. so i do appreciate if you  describe price range and complete specs of discussed model. and it will be more helpful for people who want to buy.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Personally I read about 3D Printers back in 2016 during my school studies, and I did like the concept but didnt know much about it. I'd still like to own one but not fully sure what I would do with it, mainly because I also dont know the costs of the resin and other material etc.

As for the question will I own one? Well It depends on the pricing xD, Like I said, I wouldn't spend money on something that I wouldn't know when and how I will use, so if at some point 3D Printers get dirt cheap (and their management cost is cheap as well), then sure I can buy one for experimental purposes.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(02-25-2021, 05:55 AM)sagher Wrote: 3D printer is a dream for everyone specially after seen videos on YouTube . but no one exactly know about pro cons of printer specially which are available on amazon or aliexpress. so i do appreciate if you  describe price range and complete specs of discussed model. and it will be more helpful for people who want to buy.

Nowadays there are a lot of chinese rip-off that makes so hard to speak about a specific model. If we are going to speak about Prusa, yes it is a very GOOD but also expensive 3D printer. There is also {RANDOM_BRAND_TOOK_FROM_ALIEXPRESS} that is good too but has some issue with {X_FEATURE}.

There isn't a perfect printer but a lot of them can be improved with self-printed parts Smile
(02-25-2021, 09:01 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Nowadays there are a lot of chinese rip-off that makes so hard to speak about a specific model. If we are going to speak about Prusa, yes it is a very GOOD but also expensive 3D printer. There is also {RANDOM_BRAND_TOOK_FROM_ALIEXPRESS} that is good too but has some issue with {X_FEATURE}.

There isn't a perfect printer but a lot of them can be improved with self-printed parts Smile

So you're telling me I can print a printer using a printer? (Printer Inception XD)

Anyways yeah, I too would like to find good companies who make competitive 3d printers and are not too much of a hit to the wallet..Do you know of any good chinese companies? Also if I were to order it on aliexpress, how much would it normally charge as delivery fees?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(02-26-2021, 10:21 AM)Honey Wrote: So you're telling me I can print a printer using a printer? (Printer Inception XD)

Anyways yeah, I too would like to find good companies who make competitive 3d printers and are not too much of a hit to the wallet..Do you know of any good chinese companies? Also if I were to order it on aliexpress, how much would it normally charge as delivery fees?

Unfortunately you can't print the extruder... but you can print the frame, the XYZ axis and more. Most probably you can find mods that will increase the axis stability or something like a PLA-holder if your model doesn't come with it.

Regarding the brands... there are a TONS of cheap printers that can do a average quality print but the main issue is that you are going to buy a DIY kit: if you don't build the printer correctly you will get bad results. You must be very careful, also a very small inclined mat can cause print failures.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting