arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about VR and the new Oculus Quest 2?
So, I have recently brought my first VR headset: a Oculus Quest 2 powered by Facebook.

What makes this headset special?
Well, it is cheap, compared to the alternatives, and it work on both stand-alone and pc-linked mode!

You can use on-board installed games, it basically runs a special Android build, or play your SteamVR pc games!

I brought the 64GB ROM edition because I essentially use SteamVR and on-board games doesn't interest me much.

There are a lot of pros about this headet: it's cheap, it runs a 90Hz display, it works with "hand-tracking" controls...
But well, we don't need to cite them because they are good features and all the community likes them, let's speak about the other "features" that just divided the community into 2:
  • It requires a Facebook account, well Facebook brought Oculus and it is now releasing the first product after the ownership change. I know that there are a lot of "anti-facebook" out there... but can you blame Facebook? Facebook requires you to use their own authentication system... Googles does it, but also Apple, Microsoft, GitHub... every time you see "Log in with ... [Company Name]".
  • The lens have just 3 different adjustment levels: 58mm, 62mm and 68mm. This feature scared me a lot because I couldn't know precisely the distance on my eyes, but I tried it and worked for me!
  • Head straps are not strong enought to "fix" the headset while you move your head, well... I am using it without any issue. You can change the strap stenght easily before putting on the headset;
  • The SteamVR connection requires a cable which costs 99€, well... Oculus already said that it can work with "compatible and good manufacter" cables. I brought a compatible cable and it is working without any issue and it is very cheap!
What do you think?
Did you ever try VR?

Let me know!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting