arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of VestaCP ?
(06-02-2020, 01:02 PM)xdude Wrote: @ikk157

We have to face the reality. Sooner or later Cyberpanel will add premium support too. It's just that they are not at that level yet. If a panel is someones pet project then it won't get anywhere. Because developers would update it when they have time not when it needs. Their full time jobs are more important to them since a pet project won't feed them. Unless it pay their bills they wont able to fully focus on it. I have this happen too many times to free tools. If it to be a serious panel they need to hire security auditors time to time also other expert. These things don't come cheap either. Nobody gonna do all these from their own money so everyone else just go and use it for free.

So I think premium support is a good thing. Free users can use forum support which is not bad. Those who willing to pay to sort out their problems so why not developers earn something from it. They have spend hours and hours of their valuable time so they definitely deserve it. If they earn enough from it they can focus on the panel full time. We should be really glad because those who don't need paid support can use the panel free and also get forum support for free.

Actually, they already earn money from their enterprise packages, which VestaCP never had. So the odds of them starting to charge for anything in their OpenLiteSpeed version are very minimal considering that they already have a source of income from the enterprise version.

Also, doesn’t matter what version you’re running... even if you’re running the free OpenLiteSpeed version, you can also submit a support ticket at their site. Heck, they even fix stuff for you if you want (provided that you give them temporary ssh access obviously) at no charge... however, I prefer their forum as you also get help from the users as well, not just the staff members. And the devs are insanely active in the forum, so if there are any issues that require their input, they usually respond in a few hours!

And just like I mentioned in my earlier post. I have no issues with devs/companies charging for a product they invested a lot of time and effort into. After all, no one is forcing the end user to buy it.

(06-03-2020, 10:04 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Good points. But I guess you misunderstand my main point here. I just said that favoring paid customers over non-paid customers is normal.  

And I believe that even Cyberpanel Enterprise version should have provided better services to their paid customers than their non-paid customers. Smile

Aha! Ok I agree with your point!

It definitely makes sense to prioritize your paying customers over the ones using the free version of your product (provided that there’s a free version to begin with).

Cyberpanel already provides everything they possibly could to their free users... there’s literally nothing extra left for the enterprise version. You just get a few performance perks with LiteSpeed enterprise.... in their pricing page, it does mention many features for the enterprise version... but actually, all of them apart from LSCache are available for free out of the box in the free OpenLiteSpeed version. And just like I mentioned above, even their enterprise version has a free plan!

And don’t get me started at how helpful and kind their devs are!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Pages (4):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting