arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will happen if we turn off CPU?
Hello,  I have a strange issue in our computer Lab, some computer got stuck and instead of turning off by shut down process, someone  turned it off by CPU power button , now the monitor does not load and shows a no signal error ? What should I do? 
How do you turn off a computer which got stuck in the middle of a process?

Thank you  Sweet

Just try to carefully clean the connectors and reattach step by step. May be check with another monitor or see if it is a graphics card. remove and plug in again. check ram...plug unplug.

Switching off like that is no big deal.

what servicing techs do is clean dust and reattach only most important things and check. Then add things step by step from there.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
If it's really stuck
I suggest disconnecting the power from the power to the computer!
Or pressing the on button for 15 seconds so that the computer turns off!
Or use the Reboot button on the computer
Then try turning on the computer again! Then turn it off from the system
Terminal
Solo Developer
Try resetting the cmos by unplug and plugging the battery in or just touch the jumper that reset the cmos

Is the fan spinning?
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
CPU Power Button? Is that something new I missed in the techology development? I only know of a normal power button that connects to headers on the mainboard.

Anyway. If the computer got stuck and the restart button on the case doesn't work your next option is to use the power button. You press it for a long period of time until the machine shuts down instantly. If even that doesn't work your one and only option is to pull the power plug.

If the case buttons and other stuff has been wired properly to the mainboard the power button should always be able to power down the computer instantly after being pressed for a long time. Such as shutdown basically equals "I pulled the power plug" without doing it in real of course. That can be harmful but usually isn't. Of course if you have been working on a document right when the freeze occured you will have data loss if you didn't manage to save the document or other data. At this point there is nothing you can do anyway if the whole machine just locked up.

You need to investigate why the machine locks up. Could be defective hardware or some software leading to such a state like bad drivers, viruses or similar. I have learned from similar cases that it usually is a hardware issue.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Shutting a computer down also known as "force shutdown" using the button, usually won't cause harm to the PC itself. It is possible that the hard drive got corrupted but the PC should still boot up, make sure you check the connectors of the monitor, and changing the monitor just in case the monitor is at fault here. Other than that, if you still can't figure it out, I think it would be best you to take it to a shop
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
I seen many rare cases of shutting down PC without power button it stucks PC with low specific it freezes for 2-3 min sometimes it feels like laggy ! So I suggest to shutdown using shutdown button don't remove plug directly just shutdown PC using shutdown button
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

I don't know what this technician saying, hard disk got damaged, how to check it?

Thank you  Sweet

(03-30-2019, 01:39 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: I don't know what this technician saying, hard disk got damaged, how to check it?

Download https://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ , Burn the iso files to your cd or make USB bootable > boot to ur Pc and use HDD Scan Feature Smile

But in your case, im not sure its Hdd Problem, if its hdd problem. Atleast u can still go to BIOS menu Smile

Try Clean ur RAM or Check ur VGA first Smile

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting