arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android app for listing available cell signals with strength
hi,
i don't think i have asked this before. I am looking for an Android app that will let me scan for say 3g/2g/4g cell signals and list them with all the relevant info, like dB strength etc.

i could scan from manual network selection. but that doesn't show network strength. So an app with graphing or logging would be nicer.

It will be good for logging, availability research etc.

i don't mind if it requires root permission.

please post below if you know any such app.

thanks
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Well, there are apps like this one for example. The location of the cell towers are from a database hosted by Mozilla. There are also probably community made maps of cell towers where everyone including you and me can mark cell towers. Additionally some providers might also even share their locations of all cell towers including what technologies are supported. My ISP Deutsche Telekom AG does this and I can see cell towers around my area. If I get the code of the cell tower through one of these apps I can even look it up on the ISP map.

Another one:
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...cellmapper
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
thanks HR,

i wanted something that scans or sniffs all the available GSM or 3G or LTE 4G signals and lists them with their signal strength.
It depends on my choice.
like the manual network selection in phones.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
the best way to to that is to find nearby base station for your operator . choosing the cell tower isnt possible with most phone and the phone will pick the one that best for the phone (which maybe depending on the case it isnt)

for app . you dont need any app just go to system information > status and you can see the strength of the current signal . and like i said before unfortunately you can only see the strength of current network
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
it is not something i need. rather i want. it would be nice to check on the signal condition of the available networks from a place.
one situation might be like this. say you visit a new place and you want to buy a new SIM. but there are multiple providers available and People are telling you to buy this or that depending on who you ask. in that situation, such an app would be nice.
theoretically, you don't need to register on a network to check the signal power of it. error rate and db level is not something the tower informs. it is calculated on the set.
I watched a YouTube before and he used this app to switch to the nearest cell tower
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...llinfolite
(12-10-2019, 07:11 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: I watched a YouTube before and he used this app to switch to the nearest cell tower
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...llinfolite

that is an app that shows data from their database. it has good data collection. but not always that accurate when it comes to places like India.

i was looking for something that does the whole thing locally.

there is that lacell db that one can use to find directly what this above app shows ( i think. that db has cell location data too. not just identification. i guess.)

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting