arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WhatsApp new Policy 2021
(01-24-2021, 09:58 AM)fChk Wrote: Whose Zuckerman ? :-)

End-to-end encryption (E2E) was forced upon IT big Corps after Snowden's leaks blowback and the huge movement for encrypting the Web that followed starting in 2015.

Thus E2E was forced upon those service providers to re-gain their users trust.. but I'm confident that even if their system works as it should they must have some kind of back door for when their authorities need it. Yes, I don't have any proof to back this up, but I can't imagine it otherwise.

And yes!.. I've never used any social media service: the old ones or the new kids on the block. Even for Google, nowadays, GMail is the only service that I'm still using for few old contacts. Thus, I'll drop it as soon as they become obsolete.

We've really enjoyed the Internet and the Web during its 'years of innocence'. Because after 9 / 11 it's been weaponized by the powers that be and it simply gotten worst ever since... which is a shame!...

My 2 cents.

I believe Facebook has been asked to help FBI with the recent White House Riot, and they've agreed to do so.

I haven't read the article wholly and didn't find which of their messaging services' data they were giving to FBI, however I think we can see that Facebook must have some backdoor access into the Private chats to do such a kind of thing.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrews...289d6a61ed
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
I have sorta read about WA new policy... it is absurd and a lot of people left the platform. It kinda s*cks when a big company just change a good platform to get more data about you to sell.

I read that WA delayed the policy change... but it will be applied now or later. I am a Telegram fan since its release and I will not change my suggestion: "Leave the WA's boat before it sink!"
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(01-26-2021, 06:40 PM)LightDestory Wrote: I have sorta read about WA new policy... it is absurd and a lot of people left the platform. It kinda s*cks when a big company just change a good platform to get more data about you to sell.

I read that WA delayed the policy change... but it will be applied now or later. I am a Telegram fan since its release and I will not change my suggestion: "Leave the WA's boat before it sink!"

Personally I think the collections of data was being done for alot longer...

My theory is that WhatsApp has been free of cost for us for several years now..They don't really charge anything and based on their popularity their server costs would be a ton! Its not feasible for a company to offer a service like WhatsApp free of charge..So its very likely that they had been sharing WhatsApp data with Facebook and other companies for way longer..We just got to know it now xD

Personally I am a fan of Telegram/Signal as well however most of my contacts have retained on WhatsApp and thus It wouldn't be practical for me to switch to Telegram/Signal even if I wanted to if the majority of my contacts were still on WhatsApp.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(01-27-2021, 02:22 PM)Honey Wrote: Personally I think the collections of data was being done for alot longer...

My theory is that WhatsApp has been free of cost for us for several years now..They don't really charge anything and based on their popularity their server costs would be a ton! Its not feasible for a company to offer a service like WhatsApp free of charge..So its very likely that they had been sharing WhatsApp data with Facebook and other companies for way longer..We just got to know it now xD

Personally I am a fan of Telegram/Signal as well however most of my contacts have retained on WhatsApp and thus It wouldn't be practical for me to switch to Telegram/Signal even if I wanted to if the majority of my contacts were still on WhatsApp.

I am on the same boat, my friend. 

I have, unfortunately, parents and friends that doesn't know/use telegram so I am forced to stay on WA because without it there is no way to communicate rapidly,except for calls.

I just hope that someday Telegram will be know by everybody and so I will be able to uninstall that very bad application.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(01-23-2021, 04:15 PM)xdude Wrote: Nothing new in this since all these companies have been collecting all kinds of data since the beginning internet. They collect all this data and from time to time they get forced to disclose to us that. I don't think joining Singal or Telegram won't change it. Whatsapp has some idea about privacy once and then it was bought by Facebook. Can we be sure the same couldn't happen to these 2 apps? Also, I read that these 2 Apps have their own flows too.

I'm not taking the side of Facebook or anything. I do like the whole vibe about people moving to other platforms. But I don't think it will hurt WhatsApp too badly. But losing a considerable number of users might make them rethink any future plans of milking users' data. Any popular App which based in either the USA or China has backdoors to their government agencies. You can be sure about that. Whatever they say in public and in court these companies do what they need to do to survive.

I completely agree with you. There's nothing new about this stuff, just media noise that gives this a hype. As you said, moving to other services like Signal, Telegram or WhatsApp doesn't change anything. Well, nowadays it's a raging issue, I literally saw people get to streets and filing lawsuits. What the heck? It's their app, they can do anything they would like, including informed change of policies. If you don't like it don't use it, instead of making unnecessary chaos.

Well I am not going off either. In fact I hardly use WhatsApp, it's for family and school friends, and communications from the school that's all. Most of my activity is on Discord, and I love that service. I really don't mind WhatsApp's new policies to be really honest, nothing that serious in my opinion.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Pages (4):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting