arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands
(02-23-2021, 05:06 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: I feel the same. But now it seems the US government is also taking actions against Xiaomi.

And it is reported that recently some people cannot access to Google Services with their Xiaomi phones.

I hope the news is not true and you won't need to jump shop again.  Smile

Xiaomi US government ban is for investors. It's not the same as the Huawei ban which effectively stops any US company from working with them. Still, their Google problem only affects the new phones. Old Huawei phones which released before 2020 can use Google's store without a problem. So I don't think this accessing problem has anything to do with the US ban.

@sagher

Yes. That's probably a reason but not all their phones come with Kirin chipset.
Huawei Y6P is the phone initially I was going to buy. But It doesn't have Google Play Store. So I had to look for the next best thing which's Xiaomi Redmi 9. Price Wise and also Specs Wise. But Redmi 9 was newer and a bit cheaper. Specs-wise better since Y6P had no Gorilla Glass, Lesser resolution, etc. Both have Mediatek Helio chipsets.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands - by xdude - 02-23-2021, 06:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting