arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you like this ? yes or no. with explanations please
Hi everyone,

here is a bamboo flute piece I like very much. I want you to try and listen to at least half of it (more than 5 minutes) and tell me what you felt in as many words as you can. Please don't take that to mean 'as few as'. That will be disappointing. Tell me why you did or didn't like about it and what it reminded you of, if anything ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iuu-8rkfY4

Background:
  i was recently having some fun reading a lot on musicology, ethnomusicology, comparative music studies, our sense of aesthetics, pleasure and its variability. 
  This started from some question that were there in my mind for some time now. Why do I like so many different types of music from all over the world which seem to have very little similarity amongst them ? Is there any deeper unifying principle that could explain this ? is it in the sounds and in my life experience ? may be neuroscience has the answer ! So I set about searching and reading quite a few sites.

Now if you are curious as to whether I found anything interesting and conclusive to explain this then I am sorry to disappoint you.

All I am sure at this point of time is it is explainable and arising from this material world as everything around us is and surely within the power of human science. Also, like weather or inheritance or consciousness, a very complex interplay among a vast range of factors is involved in it. But we are quite a way away from that knowledge yet.

here is another one if you liked the above,
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tLT5E-63PNA
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Oh no, the sound of the flute makes me dizzy!
So I Don't Love It!
Because the Sound of the Flute
Terminal
Solo Developer
I like the sound of the flute, but the touch of the drums was in perfect harmony - nice watching them playing and how much focused the drummer was on the flutist. Flute and drums worked great together - like as one. Very peaceful music. Can think it would be ideal for meditation or anything to do with searching for peace and harmony.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
thanks chanalku91 and dean !

i am really amazed to know that you find flute sounds dizzying. It means sleepy and disoriented, right ? Thats very interesting !

yes. Nice sounds for meditation to those who like.(though i like silence or white noise while doing meditation.)

it is just very soothing and pleasing to me. I started learning flute a bit. But then i stopped after the basics. Mainly for one reason. Not all the music that i like sounds good on a flute. So the timber also means a lot when it comes to enjoying music. I would rather spend time listening to a lot of different types of music. Though i may resume someday. I like the idea of being able to detect/follow the notes and improvisations by listening. But then I also hear that it takes a long time to acquire that skill. Also I know from really good musicians who can do that that they still cant detect flow or transition of notes reliably in many music (that has sound structured by that system).

So may be an AI agent would be cool. That can detect and separate instrument sounds in a music and write notes of the same. No idea if ML could do that ...
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
i sometimes like bamboo flute music which gives my mind a good relif and makes me feel like iam in heaven those sounds when reach to my ear it gives me a good sleep and i will be like floating on a bed
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

I like this kind of music, it touches my heart, a soft kind of music, I am not a fan of rock music. This one really creates some natural feeling within heart. Good to hear if you are too much stressed due to workload and other problems. Surely it will cure.

Thank you  Sweet

Hmm, its a relaxing tune for sure. The flute kinda gives a peaceful vibe which is pleasant for anyone who is hearing it. I think many people like it not necessarily me or everyone that listens to music but I can get the vibe
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting