arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cPanel Price Increase 2021
Cyberpanel is a great alternative to Cpanel Smile I love cyberpanel Smile Not only as its free but it has so many nice features. Also theres a enterprise version of cyberpanel but it will cost less than cpanel ones Smile Many companies are switching to Cyberpanel ent. Cyberpanel has a lot potential to compete with cpanel in future with its cyberpanel ent product Smile
BTW
Good Wishes to all for the upcoming new year Smile
Terminal
Thankyou Post4VPS, @Pacific Spirit (Hostlease) for a Free VPS!
+
Thankyou to @Neoon for a Free NanoKVM VPS
Thing is cPanel is very popular product, and they know it. If you were to conduct a poll among web hosting users, most would vote for cPanel. The very fact that they are performing such price hikes is based off their assurance that they have an enormous user base, who will keep using their product.

Coming to the price aspect, free and smaller providers will definitely be affected, but the big providers with thousands of clients won't. All they have to do is raise their pricing by a few cents (maybe a dollar), and they have the surplus to pay to cPanel. Both the user and the provider are happy in this case, and considering users I guess hardly anyone would mind a bit increase in their monthly pricing once a while, and moreover, all of us hate to switch, so it won't be a bother.

If smaller companies switch to alternatives like DirectAdmin, and when they see a bigger name is providing cPanel for a few cents extra they'll naturally switch. Of course losing customers isn't what a small provider would want, and hence, they'll have to marginalize their profit and continue with cPanel, unless they wanna run out of business.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(12-28-2020, 11:08 PM)deanhills Wrote: ...... I wish all computer users can get away from the Microsoft / Adobe / Apple etc etc herd mentality of following a big name instead of thinking creatively and for themselves.  I'd far rather support someone who tries to be creative and does it within an Open Source Community, than empowering big names such as Microsoft and Google.  Only reason these big conglomerates are getting away with this is because people who can afford to pay the price are paying for big licenses to keep them in power at the expense of those who cannot afford it.  Which is exactly what has been happening with cPanel. Your large companies who are using cPanel are funding this big price increase to the detriment of those who cannot afford to pay the license. Something needs to be done to break that "greedy spell".

I would say I totally agree with you.

Sadly those large companies which are using cPanel probably do not want to fund cPanel at all. Say if they stopped using cPanel now, they might lost a lot of their customers.

The main problem here is that they do not have better choice that can keep their current customers happy.

Well there are 2 types of companies effected by this. Shared Hosting Companies and VPS/Dedi providers. Now VPS providers usually pass the full fee to customers. Here I'm talking about Managed VPS and dedicated servers. They take care of Hosting administration for Web Design/Developments firms, Freelance developers etc. When cPanel increased price last time maybe decide to stay after checking what options they have. But this time many actively trying to move to other products. cPanel saw this early and waved olive branch for big companies. For example my provider sent me a mail saying as per their agreement with cPanel any client who has less than 200 accounts won't see any price increase. Plus these providers clients are mostly developers not end users. So end users don't see any of this.

But it's different for shared hosting providers since they cater mostly for end users. It would hit hard for many.Some might start office both cPanel and DirectAdmin hosting letting their clients a chance to opt for whatever they prefer.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(12-30-2020, 04:41 PM)sohamb03 Wrote: Coming to the price aspect, free and smaller providers will definitely be affected, but the big providers with thousands of clients won't. All they have to do is raise their pricing by a few cents (maybe a dollar), and they have the surplus to pay to cPanel. Both the user and the provider are happy in this case, and considering users I guess hardly anyone would mind a bit increase in their monthly pricing once a while, and moreover, all of us hate to switch, so it won't be a bother.

Correct. Adding $0,2/mo at their pricing won't hurt too much. It's (very) cheap for most of people that need to host their website. cPanel also "easy" to use if we compare to another panel. They also have rich addons that can be added to the panel such as Cloudflare. We can configure Cloudflare inside the hosting itself, no need to open Cloudflare's website. There are many more addons too.

(12-30-2020, 04:41 PM)sohamb03 Wrote: If smaller companies switch to alternatives like DirectAdmin, and when they see a bigger name is providing cPanel for a  few cents extra they'll naturally switch. Of course losing customers isn't what a small provider would want, and hence, they'll have to marginalize their profit and continue with cPanel, unless they wanna run out of business.

Good point. It's the same price competition like OVH vs small VPS companies. OVH offers VPS with 2GB RAM for only $6/mo for Singapore location, even lower if you decide to get 12 or more months commitments. While on the other hand, small VPS companies offer higher price for such VPS. ExtraVM, for example, they ask $10/mo for the exactly same specs.

Human always want to get the most benefit they can get. This also applies to web hosting panel. cPanel won't run out of business any soon with this price change. Unless, all hosting provider decide to switch Wink.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting