arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
copyright protection
Hi Friends,
                  I have my own studio.I mostly download and share it with people at some cost.i mostly earn 1k from movies.A couple of days ago i have recorded a professional singer's program personally.I am selling my recordings at high price. But with time people are getting improvements. Now they get the whole data into one USB drive and take it to their PC and share everyone for free. I was thinking if i can protect my data from being shared from 1 device. I have searched google and found that it is possible to protect it from being copied.The topic i found on google was from a Linux operating system but i am using Windows. So i decided to ask here if anybody knows. Is there any way to protect a data from being copy from a SD Card or USB Device?

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
Copyright protection is difficult for small business.

If I were you put some sort of a watermark on your videos or songs. So if you see someone is ripping off your content you have proof of ownership.
Encrypt all files on your hard drive! That is a way to prevent others from copying your files!
So if they copy your files they need an encryption code
Terminal
Solo Developer
(08-09-2019, 02:01 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: Encrypt all files on your hard drive! That is a way to prevent others from copying your files!
So if they copy your files they need an encryption code

O.o Brother you did not understand my problem.I was saying that i am searching for a method so that when i send my data into a USB Drive.they can only delete or watch those videos. i want to prevent them for more sharing.
Sometime some of the USB drives shows that it is write protected and can not copy or write data. So i thought it is possible to prevent them from being shared..

(08-08-2019, 03:34 PM)Rehan Wrote: I have searched google and found that it is possible to protect it from being copied.The topic i found on google was from a Linux operating system but i am using Windows.....

Assuming you are using Windows 10, you should be able to install the said linux software over WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux).

You may choose to install either WSL 2 or the original WSL.

WSL 2 requires Windows 10 build 18917 or higher.

(08-09-2019, 05:38 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Assuming you are using Windows 10, you should be able to install the said linux software over WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux).

You may choose to install either WSL 2 or the original WSL.

WSL 2 requires Windows 10 build 18917 or higher.

Thank you for the information.I am currently using windows 7.I shall upgrade to windows 10 tonight and will try that method.I shall share if it works.

Most big media company use DRM to prevent it but it is kinda hard for begineer to use and the documentation isnt that many and also you will be spending more money on the drm licensing if it just a small company or individual
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Maybe this thing here https://www.newsoftwares.net/copy-protect/ can help you but let me say one thing you can't stop someone from finding a different idea to rip you off i mean if they can watch that means they can record and you can't do anything about it so the only thing comes to my mind is a legal action, say what again? that's simple get your work copyrighted from your authorities and whenever you see an illegal copy you can just simply file a law suit against that person or organization or you can sell the license to let them use your work for a fixed price. But as always there is always a loophole here and there you can't completely stop someone from copying your data from the source you provided if they don't copy they will record if they can't record then they will find an alternative option but their brains will not stop working. So good luck with your new adventure.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
If I do something that I want a copyright on, I will do it with a license anyway. I don't think it is necessary for others to have to steal my template. And through a license, someone can prove whether it was purchased or not. Often you can tell by the script code so that is pretty easy.
You might look at running a Linux VirtualBox, you would be able to encrypt your flash drives and still have windows as your main driver. I am not a pro when it comes to windows, but if you do not want to have a virtual machine, I found this article that seems like it could also be a solution for you!

https://www.filerestoreprogram.com/error...ected.html
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting