arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Free Domain Name .COM .NET .ORG
@ikk157 Yeah correct. Though their are some registrars, IONOS for instance who have an authoritative hold on your domain for a few days after it expires.

@sagher That is a normal procedure at most places. Rather, I'd say offering something for free without a CC verification, unless it's a registered company/non-profit, or a well known one, that's even more suspicious.

Popular cloud services like GCloud, AWS, Alibaba, Azure and even IBM, have a free tier, but it's usage is subjected to the constraint that you shall verify your CC before using it. And so is Yahoo.

For the next year onwards, it's pretty much self-explanatory. You'll pay the renewal from the next year onwards, you just have to go about searching for their renewal prices.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
As already others have pointed out, I'd personally feel really unsafe providing personal details to a company that claims to be giving me something for free yet asking for payment stuff. That's a huge red cross right there. If you really are looking for a .com domain, I'd suggest you guys apply for GitHub's Student Developer Pack. It comes with a whole list of freebies including free domains. (.com, .me. .tech) Imo Its really a great offer and even includes free webhosting!
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
This is a really great offer provided by Yahoo Again, I had avail this offer i believe last year too. If i remember correctly, Well, I agree with you @Honey, but as @sagher said AWS , Alibaba , Google Cloud and other services free requires Credit Card verification.
Can you please tell me in Github which provider gives .com? I can't seem to find it, I found .me and .tech, but not .com
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

hmmm it is look suspicious. if it is a free domain name then why credit card is needed?
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
(09-11-2020, 09:06 AM)OldMeister Wrote: hmmm it is look suspicious. if it is a free domain name then why credit card is needed?

i think if you want register domain in here. you should use paypal. it's safe. paypal can be verified by VCC (virtual cerditcard) if vcc have blance.
when, you have domain in yahoo. if you not like service in here, you can trans domain with your code.
(09-11-2020, 09:06 AM)OldMeister Wrote: hmmm it is look suspicious. if it is a free domain name then why credit card is needed?

@OldMeister  You have to read the Opening Post of any discussion before you make careless remarks like the above.  If you check the post it specifically says that the catch is that it is free for only one year, and that there is a heavy charge for the second year.  Yahoo wants you to subscribe for a total web hosting package including a domain, which you get all free for the first year.  The Opening Post also says that if you want to get it really free, you should make sure that the service is not set up for auto renewal.

At any rate.  I think there has been more than enough discussion about the topic.  It possibly could be interesting to try out the package deal but for me it would then mean I'd sign up for a temporary domain for one year if I didn't want to renew the package deal at the end of the year. I'd rather get a temp domain in a different way.

- closed -
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting