arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help select pc hardware for 4k editing
(11-01-2019, 10:24 AM)rudra Wrote: olx is an awesome place to find nice deals on graphics cards. but graphics cards are also the item which gets least reduction in price there. 1060 or 1070 are awesome for fullhd gaming or 4k edit or tinkering with neutral nets and you can find them on olx at a price ranging from 9000 to 18000 with some warranty for your peace of mind. never buy without checking extensively under load and also make sure you have some warranty. best deals come when people upgrade to top level cards soon after buying a mid-level one and are in a hurry to sell it off. especially people who have lots of easy money somehow; but that's obvious.. just my observation.

1070 has 8gb and will be able to handle mid to moderately high level experiments with big data sets. 1060 has 6gb vram.

the awesome thing about rtx cards is their ai enabled cores and they can be used with 16 bit chunking of data with enough precision. that effectively doubles the capacity of ram compared to normal 32 bit operation. we are talking about mainly matrix multiplication here... huge numbers of such operations.

1650/1660 may come within this range too and will be slightly faster than 10xx.

Google collaboratory or collab is a great free option to practice python and ai coding in python. though it is limited to python cores through jupyter notebooks. but it's awesome and you can use free and free gpu accelerations too. can use gdrive and git ub with it and even use big data sets directly from online..kaggle etc. it just has some limitations but they can be worked with.

finally, no. I'm not insane enough to do 4k online.

thanks

But didn’t you mention in your previous post that you’re using a free online service for your editing? That sorta mismatches with what you’re saying now.
I’m a bit confused.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
thanks for all the inputs, guys.

for anyone willing to learn machine learning by doing hands on, use google colab when you are starting. buy a card only when you outgrow what you get there for free.

i request that this thread be closed. thanks
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
#closed as requested.

please contact any staff member to reopened.
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting