arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account
(04-12-2019, 06:21 AM)tiwil Wrote: @deanhills,
I'm a real student, but the one problem I got is I'm Asian. Most of the free service doesn't offer that for Asian student.
My school also don't just "give away" an email with their school official domain, so I really cannot give them see that I'm a real student unless I gave them my school ID card.

@tiwil  I understand the problem.  Except, even if you got an e-mail address, unless your University is registered with the service, i.e. there is a scroll down list at the Website of the service that contains the name of your University, you'll never get it.  Your University has to be a subscriber (paid or free) of the service, before you as the student can get it. And yes, even then there may be problems.

Your best bet would be to visit your IT Department and find out from them what free services you're entitled to as a student.  They may even provide you with free services you need, as sometimes if the IT is not very well organized, they don't tell the students what services they can get for free and they don't set it up globally.  Like they may know of the popular Education License Microsoft Office software that you can buy through the University at 1 US$ and maybe use those opportunities for themselves and friends and just don't think about circulating that information - or setting the service up so all students at the University can use it.  IT staff are supposed to communicate that to all of the students, but maybe they don't have enough time to do so.  Or are not that strong with administration.

There is a lot of hype around dot.edu e-mails.  Not all dot.edu Universities can get a free service that asks for a dot.edu e-mail address, only those dot.edu Universities who are registered with that service.  Also, it's not true that Universities without a dot.edu can get the service.  If they are registered for the service, then their students and staff can get the service on the basis of their registered domain with the service, i.e. through their e-mail address with the University domain.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by rudra - 04-07-2019, 10:50 AM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by tiwil - 04-07-2019, 01:32 PM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by tiwil - 04-09-2019, 10:37 AM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by tiwil - 04-10-2019, 11:46 AM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by Honey - 04-10-2019, 12:18 PM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by rudra - 04-10-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by tiwil - 04-11-2019, 11:41 AM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by rudra - 04-11-2019, 01:12 PM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by rudra - 04-11-2019, 09:32 PM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by xdude - 04-12-2019, 03:32 AM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by tiwil - 04-12-2019, 06:21 AM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by deanhills - 04-12-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by Kururin - 04-20-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: [Giveaway] 1x .Edu email account - by Kururin - 04-25-2019, 03:19 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting