arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watchout and Warning: Malicious WordPress Redirect Campaign Attacking Plugins
@LightDestory: I agree that it was a very bitter experience. This is not kinda what's expected out of WordPress. As you said it is the most famous CMS, as it powers 33% of the public internet. 

It's also my personal favorite plugin. Many of my websites were based on it. However, the way WordPress is written makes it vulnerable. WordPress is written very poorly with a lot of security holes. Most of the free themes and plugins are but backdoors to get access to your website. The worst part of this is that WordPress themselves don't have any control over it since its directly listed from the publisher's website.

Previously, a lot of complaints have come in the Feedback section of WordPress, but they do not seem much bothered about it. This is an issue (other than the high server load WordPress causes) due to which we at HelioHost recommend our users not to use WordPress.  WordPress is a cause of many accounts being frequently suspended at HelioHost.

Talking about alternatives to WordPress, there are a lot of them - namely Joomla, Drupal, etc. However, the interface that WordPress provides is way better than other CMSes. I hope @deanhills, you'll agree with me coz I find your own blog is powered by WordPress. As @LightDestory said, if something's not done to prevent these security holes, WordPress' superiority over other CMSes might fade.

As far as the domain issue is concerned, I agree with your suggestion of the verification of nameservers, which is exactly what's done in eu.org, to ensure the authenticity of that IP.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting