arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should i do with my Raspberry pis?
Well, as far as I'm aware you don't have to run a server application on it that requires 24x7 Internet access. Take Pihole as an example. This will allow you to run a DNS server at home for yourself (your local network) that filters out ads on DNS level. This will just start working as soon as your folks start the router again and that's it. No issues with not having a Internet connection. I love Pihole. Blocks ads before they get to you. Helps saving bandwidth and can help to protect you from malware and similar by blocking access to ads hat spread malware or sites that are known for spreading malware.

Site: https://pi-hole.net/

There are many other server applications you can run for yourself in your own local network without the need of an Internet connection at all times.

No need to be sorry. I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. I have a NAS with 8 TB storage that runs a Plex server and as a player I use a Amazon FireTV 4K stick. So I don't use a RPi as a media center either (especially since the RPi 3 B+ can't play 4K or even 720/1080p @ 10 Bit or HEVC but my Amazon FireTV 4K stick can play all of it without any issues).

Basically we already have everything we need somehow in a different way but we have some devices that we got and aren't using them... looking for a final purpose for them is hard because "we basically have everything already". Right? That is the situation you are in?
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should i do with my Raspberry pis? - by Mashiro - 11-01-2019, 12:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-27-2017, 01:59 PM
Last Post: humanpuff69
12-13-2016, 04:40 AM
Last Post: maroon93

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting