arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s the best FREE antivirus for low end laptops/pcs?
Hello everyone,

I’ve got a very old laptop of mine which is currently my only windows system. However, it is an extremely low-end laptop with horrible specs as follows:

Single core intel atom at 1.82Ghz
2GB of DDR2 RAM
300GB HDD
Windows 8.1 (originally came with windows 7 starter, but it somehow runs much better on windows 8.1. I tried Windows 10 and it was on the verge of unusable).

It has become significantly harder to manually detect malware and delete it, which is what I’ve done in the past.

I’ve used several paid antivirus software before, the ones that you can buy on any electronic store (such as Kaspersky). But they just seem to be too heavy for my low speced laptop, so it struggles to do anything with the antivirus process running.

And hence, are there any extremely light antivirus software that are also free? I’ve already paid enough for other antiviruses and don’t see myself spending more money on more.

Thanks
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.

Messages In This Thread
What’s the best FREE antivirus for low end laptops/pcs? - by ikk157 - 12-12-2019, 01:58 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting