arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Ubuntu on Desktop in pre-exist partition
Thanks for the brief explanation @Hidden Refuge. I got everything what i was asking about. Actually i was searching for installation of Ubuntu alongside the windows. I found a video on youtube. I wanted to confirm about it. So you answered it.

Quote:Linux uses absolutely different filesystems like EXT4, Btrfs and XFS versus NTFS (and sometimes ReFS) for Windows. Windows cannot be installed on anything different than Windows supported filesystems. Infact Windows cannot even read any other filesystems than the Windows filesystems (FAT, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, ReFS) without additional software.

There is no such thing as "hard partition type". All you have to do is simply remove all partitions in the Windows installer and create new ones from the free disk space. Windows will format these new partitions with NTFS automatically and you can install Windows normally on them like before.

So it means if i want to install Ubuntu. I will have to wipe all my data and re-create all partitions? The fact of installing ubuntu into " C " Drive is still confusing me.

@fChk Thanks for you help about the VM issue. I have upgraded my windows to 10.Now i have decided to purchase a new hard drive after this lockdown.So i will be able to install Linux and Windows.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting