arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
default OS reinstall plan - kvm vps users
(08-15-2020, 04:56 PM)rudra Wrote: 1) I won't be accessing your accounts or anything. I will just leverage grub2 options, preseeding (ubuntu / debian) / kickstart (centos) options, kernel parameters etc to cobble together a script that one can choose to setup on their vps to have the options available to them. I dont think i am going to do template or install partition image. I myself like installing on the fly from iso using netboot. so your system will download the iso and proceed.
 so i didn't have to ask for their permission. But I am sure admins will like it a lot as will you guys. They won't have to invest as much time attending to reinstall requests and you will be able to reinstall a fresh system as many times as you want, all by yourself.

2) i think i said above already. it is just unattended install with a process on cron that polls an url YOU set up. you will signal it through the url about what to do. It will help in case you lose access to your system.

edit. I am sure you guys are very knowledgeable and ingenious. You can make your own solution if you want to.

Thank you for the clarification.

I really like this idea and I appreciate you putting a lot of time and effort into bringing this together.

However, won’t that require changing the boot order/booting from a different partition? The issue with VPS 9 is that you can’t change the boot order through VNC, nor is there a boot menu. It forces whatever boot order is set in SolusVM, there’s absolutely no way of changing it/booting from different media through VNC. 

And to everyone saying that i need to spam esc or the F keys on boot... no, that does absolutely nothing on VPS 9 due to the issue described above. I even had @"Hidden Refuge" try it out a few months back and the outcome was the same.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: default OS reinstall plan - kvm vps users - by ikk157 - 08-16-2020, 04:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting