arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darn Microsoft Updates! Forcing Microsoft Edge through an update!!!
I use debian/ubunu with lxde (sometimes called lubuntu). The default window manager (gnome) is a bit too resource intensive for me. I don't like the application manager with it's fancy display and screen upon screen of apps to scroll - I prefer the neat little button with all the programs organized into easily identifiable categories: system tools, accessories, graphics and video, sound and audio, etc.

I think the lxde window manager is ideal for persons used to working on Windows; it reminds me a lot of windows xp, with the networking monitor, clipboard, and sound icons anchored to the menu bar - and other options you can add there.

Occasionally I'll take a wild hair and use openbox which is super fast but not as user friendly - sometimes you have to dig around to find the program you're looking for. The first time I used openbox I was lost for a good thirty minutes until I figured out that right clicking the desktop would bring up an application manager.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting