arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving SEO of Post4VPS
Quote:Content is king

I think this is a good general rule to live by in terms of SEO. Quality, regular content is surely the best way to get high ranking; but is there still some benefit to be gained from structuring keywords, titles, and descriptions in the best way possible?

As one example: gigarocket cancelled their free vps service nearly a year ago, but it still ranks page 2 on google, and even gets a spot on the first page for duckduckgo. There's not a ton of content behind "free vps" at gigarocket (some, but only a small percentage of overall content) and yet that one "pillar page" seems to continue to perform very well. And of course there's the numerous scam sites like vpsgratis or vpswala that clog up the first few pages of google search, have no real content, haven't been updated, and continue to perform well in rankings.

There was also an expirement I conducted a few years ago on an automotive website. Over a period of months, I watched the website climb from page 10 to page 2 in google, but it wasn't the result of good, original content. I was using an autoblogging tool to scrape articles in the public domain and post them to blogs created around keywords related to automotive subjects. Each of the blogs was them used for backlinks to the ecommerce automotive site I wanted to boost in rankings.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that while good content is surely the best way to go, there may be other avenues worth considering.

Quote:The problem with those free audits if those are just code once and left forever. Means they rarely update these with new algo changes plus doesn't provide deep and practical analytics. Don't relay much on those. The most basic SEO test you can do is write down 5-10 important related keyword phrases and search those in Google.

This is a good thing to keep in mind. Sometimes it's better to use your head than rely on some complicated tool. Google is nice enough to give you important related keywords; you can copy and paste instead of writing them down.

Using this it should be easy to come up with a few ideal keywords, and sort which are applicable to p4v and which are not.

Also this reminds me while google is the market champion in search, other search engines are still growing; perhaps there is some wisdom in studying some of the alternatives.

Using the term "free vps" I did some investigating on yahoo & duckduckgo.

Duckduckgo returned post4vps on page 5 compared to google at page 7, and I couldn't find it anywhere on the first 10 pages for yahoo (it is possible I missed it, around 3am here).

What I noticed when browsing is that each of these engines appear to perform very differently.

Google picked up on a lot of the free vps scams, or at least it seemed like I noticed quite a bit of those, moreso than on yahoo or duckduckgo.

Duckduckgo was very interested in the "forex trading vps" offers: vps specifically used for brokering financial transactions.

yahoo seemed to put a lot of weight to link directories/discussion boards/reddits.

I wonder if it would be an ideal strategy using "pillar pages" to engineer a series of pages to work well on a different search engines.

While I'm a bit confused with the results, it is also turning into a fascinating puzzle. There wasn't a whole lot of overlap between the 3 engines using the term "free vps". I had expected the results to be very similar, yet definitely not the case.

Messages In This Thread
Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fitkoh - 12-11-2020, 10:28 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-12-2020, 01:06 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fChk - 12-12-2020, 08:14 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fitkoh - 12-12-2020, 09:24 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fChk - 12-12-2020, 10:59 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-12-2020, 11:45 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fChk - 12-12-2020, 02:11 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-12-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fitkoh - 12-12-2020, 06:13 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-14-2020, 06:34 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fitkoh - 12-14-2020, 05:20 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by tryp4vps - 12-15-2020, 09:05 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by tiwil - 12-16-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-15-2020, 09:39 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fitkoh - 12-15-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by deanhills - 12-16-2020, 05:00 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by tryp4vps - 12-17-2020, 04:27 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-16-2020, 06:21 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-23-2020, 01:30 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by tryp4vps - 12-24-2020, 06:51 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by tbelldesignco - 12-23-2020, 03:45 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting