arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Documentary Recommendations
@Mashiro
Great collection of documentaries there and impeccable taste too. I like books and documentaries on true crime as well. May be on one hand there is a danger of them teaching and encouraging the wrong crowd to do the wrong things according to some. But I do not think lack of information has stopped that many out there carrying evil plans in their head. On the other hand it is certainly very important to teach ourselves on the ways things can go wrong or take a bad turn. I am always for more learning and awareness. That helps in reducing the effects of misinformation and disinformation campaigns. vulnerable people get the power of knowledge and prepare themselves accordingly.
I wonder when we will learn that hiding the bad / dirty sides or pushing them under rugs wont do a bit in changing them for the better.

@sagher
Thanks for this gem. A fine documentary.

I would like to add the names of some of the titles from my list of the documentaries I have liked.

1. Channel 4 docu Things.We.Wont.Say.About.Race.That.Are.True

It tells us to be more open about taking race into consideration when discussing things. As an example, not all type of crimes are equally represented by the various races and there are reasons for that.

2. natural world - One million snake bites

The famous snake expert Rom Whitaker shows us that the real number of snakebites that occurs in india each year in recent times is actually much higher than the statistics published by the government. So much so that it has taken up epidemic proportions and if left unchecked, it has potential to kill huge number of humans each year due to lack of proper anti-venom development work in adequate quantity and lack of awareness among people who face the danger in their daily lives.

I find this little gem of a documentary very informative on the whole about the behaviour of indian snakes and some superstitions of the people that are rather harmful but still exist in this age of science.

I think how great it would be if they taught us such valuable information and lessons in school instead of grading us on our capacity to rote learn and remember nitty gritty details in biology and all.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread
Documentary Recommendations - by Mashiro - 10-15-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by sagher - 10-16-2020, 08:39 AM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by fChk - 10-21-2020, 06:45 AM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by Sn1F3rt - 10-17-2020, 10:07 AM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by xdude - 10-21-2020, 10:01 AM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by Mashiro - 10-23-2020, 05:06 PM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by Honey - 10-25-2020, 04:30 PM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by xdude - 10-26-2020, 05:02 AM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by deanhills - 10-26-2020, 01:22 PM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by fitkoh - 10-26-2020, 06:37 PM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by rudra - 12-31-2020, 02:46 PM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by fChk - 02-21-2021, 11:58 AM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by fChk - 04-25-2021, 04:02 PM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by deanhills - 04-26-2021, 04:14 PM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by Mashiro - 07-06-2021, 06:56 AM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by sagher - 07-08-2021, 06:49 AM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by Kururin - 07-14-2021, 01:09 AM
RE: Documentary Recommendations - by Mashiro - 07-16-2021, 10:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting