arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Expirience After using linux for 1 month
Hello guys

recently i make a switch to linux on the desktop . the reason is that i use another pc with a broken hard drive . it will hang and not booting to os if i use the hard drive so instead i install linux on a flashdrive and linux is really small and boot from the flash drive. i use ubuntu server and install gui on top of that hoping that it will be much lightweigter . i use lxde for my desktop environment and now i dont need to go back to windows

-First Impression
i use linux before but the think that i noticed is how it have lot more free ram compared to windows . 2GB of ram does feel like a lot in linux than in windows . when i use 2gb of ram in windows it feel like a torture but in linux it is much better . the lxde gui lack some feature like snapping but who cares it is very light weight . and the system work flawlessly . no kernel panic or any crashes so far

-Application
if you are unaware the most lacking feature on linux is the application well for me it isnt really a problem . im not really do any gaming and content creating right now and most thing that i use is web browser , text editor , programming ide , networking tools , etc . and most application that isnt available on linux i cant get a replace for example i can get a replacement for spotify . i use spotify web player on linux and also i use notepadqq . the notepad++ alternative for linux . for download manager i use XDM . it is an IDM clone .  and what is great with linux it come with ssh bulit in that mean i dont need to use putty and typing ssh in terminal is actually easier than using putty . and also there are a lot of cli based thing . not all is gui but who cares . i can use cli

-Performance
the performance is really grate except when the cpu usage suddenly go to 100% and the mouse get very laggy (but not crash . the system is still responding but slow) and the ram usage is really great . if you have a low ram computer and whan to bring it to life install linux on it . it does make lot of difference . and i can say that linux is Windows XP replacement for old pc that consume around same amount of ram and still supported

-Can it replace windows
back then before i learn how to use linux i always use windows server for my vps but after i learn linux it make lot of sense . linux server is cheaper and much flexible and costumizeable . and also very lightweight and because of that i get to the conclusion that i will not use windows on all of my server but foor my desktop i still use windows . when i try the linux desktop experience i feel the same thing . but not as much as a server . i still need some windows exclusive app like visual studio but i can do that using virtual machine (probably not now because i only have 2g of ram) . so for my next pc onward i think i will use linux . so it still cannot totally replace but i can live with linux

-do i reccomend linux?
if you are newbie to computer i didnt reccomend it but if you have some experience espesically with linux vps well i reall reccomend it . the cli command is the same as that you use in the linux vps

Thanks for seeing my thread . what is your opinion? comment below
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-30-2019, 12:12 PM
Last Post: hamed
05-06-2017, 01:25 PM
Last Post: humanpuff69

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting