arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hetzner Cloud - CX11for only 2.49 €/mo
@try4vps

I don't know if they exclude any countries from the ID verification. ID verification needs to be done only once though and then never again. I'm a citizen of Germany and that is the country in that Hetzner is based in and I still had to verify my identity after I signed up. Just got a mail into my inbox, replied with a copy of my drivers license and it was approved in less than 2 hours.

I don't see the issue with ID verification. It is a valid and one of the most common ways to verify and filter. You go buy cigarettes or alcohol they ask you everytime unless it is absolutely clearly visible you are old enough. Same when shopping on certain sites that is simply required by law to verify age and identitiy. I wanted to buy a gas pistol that can fire blanks for christmas and such fun stuff. The shop asks to verify ID for every order you make.

So doing this once at Hetzner is absolutely nothing. Hetzner is not a summer host nor some small company in some country. It's a big company and in its size, state and the new EU privacy law they do care a lot to make sure that the data is safe. The punishments for violating the new EU privacy law are really harsh. We're talking about "up to millions per violation"! Of course depending on the actual case.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hetzner Cloud - CX11for only 2.49 €/mo - by Mashiro - 07-06-2018, 03:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting