arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If location of IP is Buffalo US and Datacenter Germany where is VPS located?[SOLVED]
Yes its not possible for you (as server owner) to do it but who owns the ASN can do it, like Contabo can change the country of any of their IP ranges to anywhere like if the server is located in Germany they can change the IP to Egypt, even whois will say its Egyptian but that doesn't mean Egyptians will have low ping to it cus the real hardware is in Germany but the IP is just geolocated. Thats what exactly what my friend has done, just go to RIPE or wherever your IPs on and from the dashboard you can edit it
[Image: k7x5n.png]

Also changing it looks cool like your IP is Antarctica so you can brag Tongue . I know its about the German IP but I'm telling you checking the country of IPs isn't always correct so you can try to ping it from American or German servers or use mtr.sh to do that. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting