arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is packet loss?
totally as HR said... leak is not loss in this area and never seen used to mean that.
Also you could test connectivity and have an idea of what is causing it by running traceroute and ping using various protocols. From multiple locations.... and checking and comparing the times and routes. you need chart or need to have idea on standard routes taken by data flow from those points to those destinations.

I remember how once we had some cable broken below Arabian sea which caused some major outage and slowdowns of internet to the areas serviced by those lines. Data took way longer and throughput came to a crawling amount. haha.

So basically you need a map of normal data flow and then you check and compare test results to find where it is not matching those maps to detect the issues.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread
What is packet loss? - by deanhills - 03-05-2019, 02:31 AM
RE: What is packet loss? - by Manal - 03-05-2019, 06:07 PM
RE: What is packet loss? - by deanhills - 03-05-2019, 07:24 PM
RE: What is packet loss? - by Mashiro - 03-05-2019, 09:09 PM
RE: What is packet loss? - by rudra - 03-06-2019, 12:07 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting