arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does "spamvertised website" mean and has this happened to any one else before?
(08-01-2019, 06:54 AM)Manal Wrote: I mostly use Softaculous to install and sometimes I mark plugins and themes to be updated by themselves within Softaculous installation so whenever there is any new update of WP, Plugins or Themes, they get updated automatically(On every cron run of Softaculous, it checks for all stuff to see if there has been any update provided, if yea, it executes the update process and informs the site owner through email).

Thanks @Manal.  This is appreciated.   @"Hidden Refuge"nd also @Manal.  What is the possibility that the IP could have been compromised with DNS manipulation instead of hacking a Website on the domain on the VPS?  Like my VPS has been emptied with no content in it and powered down since Monday - the IP is no longer mine as I'm in the process of being issued with a new IP.  However there are three domains that are being indicated as actively and currently hosted by the IP (and they don't include the one and only domain I had on the VPS before I shut it down).  One of those three Domains is the one that carried the spam link (refer below).  Like technically is it possible to hack the DNS of a server without hacking the actual website on the server and getting the same result?

Here is the DNS analysis from dnsinspect.com with the IP that was compromised - I use dnsinspect.com when I change the DNS of my domains, so it's always current - so the info below has to be current for the domain below BUT the domain is not on that IP physically:
https://threatintelligenceplatform.com/r...ULK2QwHs4R

You can see the two other domains that are listed as well at the URL below.  
https://ipinfo.io/5.189.154.243

And of course my domain that was used on that VPS is no longer listed with the IP, but it is still blacklisted by some places. But those listed domains aren't blacklisted. Like my domain is still associated as a domain with the IP in the blacklisting, but when you check the other way round, the IP is no longer associated with my domain.  Instead the IP is associated with the other three domains (one of which carried the spam link in the complaint) and they're all in the clear - no blacklistings.  This is confusing the daylights out of me.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: What does "spamvertised website" mean and has this happened to any one e... - by deanhills - 08-02-2019, 11:28 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting