arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is our freedom of the Internet gone?
(08-09-2019, 09:34 AM)TrK Wrote: but youtube is full of pirated content and i can't see it getting down any time soon, maybe cause its owned by google? whats your thoughts?
I hope the genuine pirated stuff - like movies - will not be going down soon.  It's the one place where I feel a certain measure of freedom, however I'm holding my breath as not sure how long it is going to last. I'm hoping that since YouTube has grown much huger than possibly any one can even imagine, it's too huge for some of the videos to go down easily.  Like there would have to be a specific action by any one including authorities requesting YouTube to take it down for XYZ reason.  For me YouTube is even more huge than Google.  Even when Google is the owner.  Thing is Google only recently in the last few years got to be the owner, so who knows, what they will come up in the future.  Maybe more algorithms as we speak.  Like for me Google is a major threat in robbing me of my privacy on the Internet.  Symbolically I'm just looking at my e-mail account, and how easy it is for Google to block it.  I just go to a different device in the same city and try and open my e-mail account, and it blocks it instantly.  It's got so many bots running in the name of security, I think those bots are sometimes out of control and running wild, and being in their own right a threat for the security of my e-mail account.  Like Google doesn't care, I'm sure people like me who have to suffer through that are considered collateral damage.  That's why I'm always happy when a new organisation does something to go against Google.  I'll support them any time of the day.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is our freedom of the Internet gone? - by TrK - 08-09-2019, 09:34 AM
RE: Is our freedom of the Internet gone? - by deanhills - 08-10-2019, 09:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
08-29-2021, 10:35 PM
Last Post: hamed

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting