arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watchout and Warning: Malicious WordPress Redirect Campaign Attacking Plugins
What a sad experience.
WordPress is the most famous and used CMS on the web, still it is not very secure. Malicious plugin is a issue that affects WP since the first releases. There isn't much security over plugin deployment, for example on Google Play or App Store an app must be validated before becoming publicly available.
Themes are also dangerous, the most of theme are pay-to-use and they are deployed directly from author's site, WP don't have any control over them.
So who you can trust? Answer: Nobody. You could read and analyze the source of the addon but it need a lot of time.
When I use WP I feel a bit lost, surfing the plugin section you will always find: Not tested for your version or HIGH STARRED plugin with no sense.
So after experiencing problems like this I think that WP plugin management is very lacking and should be reported.
There are a lot of alternative tools to create blogs such as Drupal, Joomla... they are all seen as "not so supported (by devs) and plugin provided as WordPress" but I think that if WP plugin security is so lacking, the advantage of WP over Drupal, Joomla & others is now fading away.

Regarding your domain experience, I know only people that uses CloudFlare as registrar and no one reported a issue like yours. Maybe lacking from NameCheap?
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting