arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robotics - The Future Shaper or Destroyer?
Hey guys,

Finally I found sometime to post this, which I wanted to post since the last few days.

As the title itself suggests, this is in regards to the growing influence of technology in our daily lives. From a simple call to complex functions, everything is influenced by technology nowadays.

Among this, I'd like to highlight the emerging influence of Robotics in this sector. These days, a lot of innovation is taking place in this area. It's a rapidly emerging field for jobs and is if utmost importance. The other day, we'd a workshop at our school. It was organised by NIIT, New Delhi a well-reputed University in India. The professor who'd come to counsel also highlighted this. She said that Robotics is so rapidly emerging that by 2024, this industry will be occupying 23% of the GDP and will be employing millions of people around the globe.

This to definitely good, considering that I'm associated with this. We'd a Arduino workshop in our city, organized by IIT Delhi. Of course, I couldn't attend it, as it involved financial investment. But as far as I heard from my juniors who did attend, it was very fruitful and they taught about the basics of C language too, which forms the base of Arduino.

It's indeed good that we're having such a technological revolution, however, I think we're losing human values and morals due to this transition. My view is that we're not being able to preserve the humane feelings, which otherwise would well-balance out these revolution.

For instance, the other day I received a newsletter in which I read that, a school in Bangalore becomes the first in India to formally introduce and be implement the concept of robo-teachers. What robo-teachers? Sounds weird, doesn't it? Well it's true, read about this here

What are we heading towards? It's indeed a definite achievement that everything is heading towards automation, but not something to be appreciated so much, unless we're ready to bear is deadly consequences. Tell me something, can a robo-teacher ever replace a human teacher? Can those humanly values of love, compassion and care be ever executed by a machine, which is programmed to nothing beyond teaching? A.I. right? Artificial Intelligence. Wow! Such a solid word. But are the works done by it as solid? Can a tablet or a laptop filled with the most valued educational matter in every replace a book? You think it's possible? I don't.

I will never stand by such an idiotic concept. If machines teach humans, they're ultimately programming them to be machines, nothing else. Mark my words! There will be a day, when humans will regret this, but then it'll be too late. Thing's are still under control. Humans make robots, not vice-versa. If robots start manufacturing humanoids, then ... I've nothing to say.

Robots are good slaves but bad masters. If things continue this way, a day will come when robots will take over the world, and we'll be their peons. That day we'll be able to do nothing, but just gaze till it's all over. A thing which humans don't understand if that they make robots- why allow them to take three better of us?

I think I've spoken a lot. Now it's your turn guys. Lemme know what you think about this. I'm sure we'll have a great discussion on this.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Messages In This Thread
Robotics - The Future Shaper or Destroyer? - by Sn1F3rt - 10-07-2019, 10:11 AM
RE: Robotics - Our future - by Manal - 10-07-2019, 12:17 PM
RE: Robotics - Our future - by chanalku91 - 10-07-2019, 01:33 PM
RE: Robotics - Our future - by deanhills - 10-07-2019, 04:18 PM
RE: Robotics - Our future - by Manal - 10-08-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: Robotics - Our future - by GodLikeGill - 10-08-2019, 06:42 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting