arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(01-26-2020, 05:29 AM)fChk Wrote: I used an svg2png tool when I was developing my WebMapping engine (spritezero-cli) but a png2svg ?!.. Rather unusual!.. You start from a nice 25KB png to end up with 2.5MB SVG file (assuming the conversion is Ok-ish...)

Anyway, may be this one https://github.com/xyproto/png2svg, but you need to have Google's golang installed for it to run.

That person was looking for a way to convert a nice image of a logo into an usable SVG file. I expected that once he understood that even if he successfully got a good SVG, it was pointless, cause they were just embedded bitmap data instead of vector graphics , he would stop. But apparently everyone is not happy with just thinking in abstract. Also I have seen that those type of people are not necessarily dumber than thinkers. They get awesome results as often and kinda complete the whole along with thinkers. Thats why i decided to help him find what he said he was looking for.

I read that some utilities require sotrace installed or it will replace each bitmap pixel with a circle of 0 radius. haha. so would end up into a huge file size.
it is like using -p in this utility you linked to. but it draws rectangles.
but i used sotrace and even if it is just black and white, the size increase is not that dramatic.

Thanks for the utility. I will check it.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread
svg and png - by rudra - 01-25-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: svg and png - by deanhills - 01-25-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: svg and png - by rudra - 01-25-2020, 10:48 PM
RE: svg and png - by fChk - 01-26-2020, 05:29 AM
RE: svg and png - by rudra - 01-26-2020, 02:40 PM
RE: svg and png - by LightDestory - 01-26-2020, 06:13 PM
RE: svg and png - by rudra - 01-26-2020, 07:18 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting