arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is differances between default hosting and Offshore Hosting
Nice topic!... A couple of notes though.

> The OP focused too much on the end-user perspective(/benefits) than address what Offshore hosting really amounts to, ie how it is even possible to set up a business like that?.. which ultimately explains the perceived benefits for the end-users.

I would say, as per my understanding -and please correct me if I'm wrong, that an offshore hosting takes advantage of the existence of jurisdictions where laws are too lax to set shop there as a hosting company--the rest stems from this very fact; just like the tax-heavens in the finance world.

> My second point is on the privacy issue and, if you follow my posting trend, you would know how that ranks high on my priorities.

The short version is that if ANY interaction involves a transactional transfer of assets (whatever it is: cash, cryptos etc..) , then there ZERO privacy PERIOD.

Granted that there are layers of obfuscations in this case that should discourage the casual snoopers but for those with an incentive to know who you are, they WILL! with an adequate amount of resources, efforts and time.

> Final point, I think we should just stop ourselves into thinking that we do have privacy on the (standard) Web... WE DON'T! and It's deceptive and counter-productive to think otherwise. One should behave on the Internet at large like he does on his home-town's streets except that in his home-town there are no 24/7 trackers following his moves wherever he goes :-)

YES!.. there are ways but that's for another time to discuss.

Otherwise, the OP is fine...
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting