arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Anti-DDoS protection be a included feature?
@LightDestory  Excellent opening post!  Cool

Is it possible to explain exactly what DDoS protection you have in mind?  Because as far as I know the real protection can only happen at the Data Center, and has to be part of a special package that the host negotiates with the DataCenter.  It usually comes with a price tag and may vary in price depending on the package that is negotiated.

What DDoS protection package do you have in mind?

Also, is this an attack on the VPS, or an attack on the IP?

For me, since VPS DDoS protection comes from the very top and may be expensive, this would be an issue for the VPS to be cheap and affordable.  So one is likely to find genuine DDoS Protection offered for a premium price on top of the VPS price. Virmach for example offers specific DDoS protected IPs at the additional price of $5 per month. Considering that an additional IP is usually approx 1-2$/m $5/m is quite a big charge for a DDoS protected IP.

Cloudflare I understand does provide some protection, but for me it would be logical that it would be limited.  The real DDoS protection can only happen through the top at the DataCentre down.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting