arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VestaCP no longer supported - forks?
Actually yeah it's very sad that the VestaCP project is slowly moving to it's last days. It's only the forks that'll be maintained, cuz the owner Serghey-rodin seems no longer interested in the project. He's ignoring the calls of his close friends and developers. He was last seen in September, yeah the time the latest build of Vesta was released and is gone since. Read more about it here - https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/issues/2006

Also, if you go ahead and read this https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/i...-650321268 you'll discover that the apt and rpm build files are exclusive to the owner, he didn't share it with anyone and that's what is keeping the Devs from creating an unofficial release.

Lupul and Rapel presently are into the Hestia project, dpeca is the maintainer of MyVesta, and MadeIT takes care of the Vesta fork for CentOS. Also, it's mainly dpeca who still updates the main repo.

Slowly, the main project will fall apart. If you see the GitHub, >300 issues and ~66 PRs isn't a joke. The Devs have continuously complained that the issues and PRs are ignored and it's Serghey that everyone is waiting for, in the hope that helps run the build for Vesta patched with bug fixes and security patches.

I'm into CentOS too, and I must say that this fork of Vesta for CentOS has all the bug fixes and security patches we'd need. I just ditched CyberPanel from my VPS for a variety of reasons. I'm gonna stay at Vesta for now, all the more I've a paid license for the Vesta file manager.

One last word on the types of OS - just a personal opinion nothing else. I've talked to a variety of people, regarding OS, and what each one said is that Ubuntu is the worst one, CentOS is okay as it's lightweight but the repos are quite old so you gotta build everything from source (a reason why I don't recommend it to beginners), and Debian is the best cuz it's much more updated and packed with latest version of applications, besides quite light if not as much as CentOS. Smile

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Messages In This Thread
RE: VestaCP no longer supported - forks? - by Sn1F3rt - 07-11-2020, 03:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-03-2020, 10:17 AM
Last Post: ikk157

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting