arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VestaCP no longer supported - forks?
This is not related directly to VestaCP, but to its fork, HestiaCP. I was setting up some configuration in my new VPS with HestiaCP. I have installed HestiaCP before in another VPS and all run perfectly but I didn't dive in too much at that time. All are smooth and I enjoyed how the installation progress, the UI, and many more. I'm impressed that the community changed VestaCP this much.

But today is different, I have no idea why it's so much confusing when using HestiaCP. Install was fast, thanks to Limitless Hosting's VPS. When I jumped in to the control panel it's much-much different. I cannot assign SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt, which I figured out because I'm using Cloudflare. I turned off the Cloudflare SSL, then Let's Encrypt let me get the SSL certificate, nice. I uploaded my files to the server with their file manager, can do upload, unzip, all good. But when I tried to open my website, it's all broken. I cannot figure out what happened, I tried to turn-off SSL from Cloudflare but it does nothing. I think, it's because of my ISP not cached the website correctly, so I went to proxy site, but still the same.

This issue never happened when I'm using VestaCP. I just cannot open my website if Cloudflare enabled but there is no Let's Encrypt SSL. The solution is easy, just generate SSL from Let's Encrypt or our own, hassle free. Right now, I cannot even generate if the Cloudflare SSL is on. I need to turn it off. In VestaCP, after installing Let's Encrypt, I don't need to do anything else, everything will run correctly. But right now as I said before, it's all broken. Weird!

I'm changing to Cyberpanel right now.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!

Messages In This Thread
RE: VestaCP no longer supported - forks? - by tiwil - 10-08-2020, 02:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-03-2020, 10:17 AM
Last Post: ikk157

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting