arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First VPS Experiences!
Hello there, Hope everyone is doing fine in this ongoing pandemic.
I'm asking you guys two questions

1. How was your first experience with your first VPS! 
2. How was your experience with your first Free VPS (obtained from somewhere)

i'll write mine a bit :
My first VPS was actually  my Free VPS It was i guess 2012-2013, At that time Swift Panel was so famous like everyone use to host it. I was so dumb i thought hosting it would get me a Game Server, So hosted, I got my first VPS from Haphost having 128MB RAM and 128 Swap Memory and 10GB Disk with 100 or maybe mbit port. I literally spent like 9 hours on PC straight didn't slept out of excitement that i actually got a VPS and then i installed centos 5 i guess. Logged into the VPS and literally was just literally looking at the screen now what i do. Watched a youtube tutorial how to install Swift Panel and i literally copied each and every word and they did not provided any type of notepad with commands in the youtube so literally i wrote those links so many times i ilterally remembered epel repo link with every "-" "/". that made me learn different aspects of linux like hosting stuff websites and many different things.

List of Free VPS i have used in past :

1. HapHost (Had a really great experience got alot to learn for start)
2. FreeVPS.US (Contributes a really great part in my learning stage, Learned many things from people there and admins and mods!)
3. Post4VPS (Current! A really nice , decent and friendly forum. Gonna stick here for a good time)

Stay Safe Everyone!
Regards,
sAmI
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

Messages In This Thread
First VPS Experiences! - by sAmI - 11-08-2020, 09:19 PM
RE: First VPS Experiences! - by Shaun8 - 11-09-2020, 02:58 PM
RE: First VPS Experiences! - by Honey - 11-09-2020, 05:53 PM
RE: First VPS Experiences! - by deanhills - 11-10-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: First VPS Experiences! - by tbelldesignco - 11-10-2020, 02:59 AM
RE: First VPS Experiences! - by tryp4vps - 11-10-2020, 05:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting