arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First VPS Experiences!
My first VPS experience was in December 2014 with Gigarocket. Gigarocket had launched its first VPSs and I was given one to try out. I felt like a kid with a new toy. At the same time also fingers and thumbs as I didn't have a clue how to manage it. The Chief Admin of Gigarocket mentioned Putty, and so I was able to get into the VPS and start my journey with learning how to manage it. Mostly through Googling tutorials. Size of the VPS was 512 MB RAM and 10 GB Disk Space. It came with a Virtualizor Panel. I remember for the first month of learning I must have reinstalled the OS 20 times or more - I remember it was CentOS. While I was trying out a few Panels. I eventually settled on WEBUZO at 25 US$ a year license. WebMin dragged as 512 MB RAM is a bit little for a panel. VestaCP was still in its infancy and not very user friendly at the time. WEBUZO came with Softaculous so had a similar feel to cPanel, but that is as close as it came to cpanel. There were plenty of shortcomings to work through. I managed to work my way through them and stayed with WEBUZO for a year or more. As years went on VestaCP became my choice of panel because of how light it is with Nginx and of course it is free.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
First VPS Experiences! - by sAmI - 11-08-2020, 09:19 PM
RE: First VPS Experiences! - by Shaun8 - 11-09-2020, 02:58 PM
RE: First VPS Experiences! - by Honey - 11-09-2020, 05:53 PM
RE: First VPS Experiences! - by deanhills - 11-10-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: First VPS Experiences! - by tbelldesignco - 11-10-2020, 02:59 AM
RE: First VPS Experiences! - by tryp4vps - 11-10-2020, 05:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting