arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apache Redirect Error Ubuntu Server
(11-11-2020, 01:50 PM)Mashiro Wrote: So without further detail how do you know it is caused by Apache?

Have you checked your vHost and .htaccess files? Do you have a redirection somewhere in your site code maybe? Do you use CNAME DNS records?

With that little information we can only guess or rather said "cruise around the internet for a bit and find no viable solutions".

I did check my vHost and .htaccess file and everything was on the up and up. I can post those when I get home this evening, but I think I found a solution that might work. I created a new site.conf in sites-available under apache2 and enabled it, after reading a KB from apache in the wee hours of the night last night, I think what I need to do is disable the second site and modify the original .conf so that it falls inline with Name Based Virtual Host, so in the end my configuration would look similar to this.

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.domain.tld
ServerAlias domain.tld *.domain.tld
DocumentRoot /www/domain
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.otherdomain.tld
DocumentRoot /www/otherdomain
</VirtualHost>

Where the first one would be tbelldesign.co and the other would be dev.tbelldesign.co. In my current readings this seems to be the path of least resistance and I will check in once I have tested it out.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apache Redirect Error Ubuntu Server - by tbelldesignco - 11-11-2020, 03:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
02-24-2021, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Pacific Spirit
11-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Rehan
06-17-2020, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Mashiro
06-11-2020, 06:31 PM
Last Post: rudra

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting