arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubedata's SolidCP review and discussion (VPS 15)
(01-10-2021, 10:54 AM)fChk Wrote: Welcome to the baroque World of Windows NT kernel!.. Where have you been hiding?.. :-)

I haven't been hiding. I've been living in a world with no locked doors.

Quote:What kind of errors were generated for the CentOS 8 networking setup?. and did you try to set it manually for Cent-OS 8 too ?

Networking errors:
"Failed to synchronize cache for repos" when trying to run yum update -attempted fixes listed here
unable to connect via ssh
unable to download via wget or curl - they just stated "there's nothing to do"

I did not attempt to manually set networking in Centos 8. I may try again but the installation process is a bit time consuming.
Quote:At that point, it appeared to me that VPS-15 will constantly suffer CPU-wise whatever you're running on top of it.... especially if it's a Windows system.

A headless Linux system will still run okay though!

The disk ios were also low: in the kb/s range at 4k block size. I'm hoping I can find a way to get into the base system and run some benchmarks for comparison. 

I may try to reinstall with some different addons and see if I can yield any success.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cubedata's SolidCP review and discussion (VPS 15) - by fitkoh - 01-10-2021, 03:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-07-2019, 06:05 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting