arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are all updates only ADDING MB instead of removing redundant MB?
- rant coming -

Why are all software updates ADDING MB only, and not deleting MB that are no longer needed? Like isn't that a weakness of the software in its own right and counter productive? Maybe even a security risk?

How this rant came about is that I've just updated a tiny blog from WordPress 5.6 to WordPress 5.7 and that added approx 4 MB of space, without me making any changes to the blog. Just pure "script udpate"!

Worst in my experience are Anti-Virus software like Kaspersky. When I first started using Kaspersky a few years back, it was lean and mean and totally great for any of my hardware. Nowadays it's heavy, bloated, and with every new release even Gigabytes in difference. To the extent I had to remove it from my laptop, as it was weighing the system down. I could hardly move with it.

Ditto Windows 10. Why can't there be subtraction of software data that is no longer required happen at the same time when it is "updated". Like only data are added, never subtracted.

Surely when one gets an update or upgrade (particularly when you're paying for it too), then obsolete data should be removed? The aim should be to keep the software as lean as possible? Or am I missing something here?

Ditto OS! The higher the release number, the more bloated the OS gets. I look at CentOS few years ago when it was lean. Now it's super heavy in comparison.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting