arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HostPoco  Tiny quality cpanel hosting with all of the features
(03-19-2021, 06:41 AM)fChk Wrote: @deanhills
Good, meticulous review!.. but not sure the 'service' is worth the effort!.. It looks more like a showcase(/PR/demo) than a free service to me!..
Absolutely true @fChk.  It was a nice little project for me though to see how much of a minimalist I could be.  Also to check how far one can go with 200 MB Bandwidth and 200 MB Space.  I was impressed because of the quality cPanel, the quality client area, the documentation on site, the knowledgebase, and the support.  When I did a review for them with an outside review site (the kind that checks and vets the reviews before they are published) I noticed they had good reviews too.  They've been up and running since 2018.  Since I've been in shared hosting for a while, all of it intrigued me.

(03-19-2021, 06:41 AM)fChk Wrote: One can still deal with the 200MB Web Space limitation by distributing the Web site assets across different servers BUT the 200MB bandwidth limitation!.. That's just ridiculous and a waste of time.. Only justifiable if someone is willing to upgrade... Hence why it's there!..
You're so right about this.  200 Bandwidth just about kills everything else, since one can do so little with it, one can barely publish a very simple blog.  To be honest though, they only cut me off at 368 MB, so there is some "grace". Again, for me it was a fun exercise to see where the bandwidth goes.  For me it went into uploads and downloads.  Given the little specs I was very impressed that once the bandwidth and/or disk space is gone, one can still get into cpanel.  So at least one can go in to delete files.  But of course with bandwidth one has to wait until it resets itself.  I could probably have asked them to do it as I went to a lot of trouble with the review, but it wasn't what it was about for me.  For me it was a project to check the size and bandwidth limitation.  Was fun  Big Grin

(03-19-2021, 06:41 AM)fChk Wrote: I would advice the service provider to increase the bandwidth to at least 1GB -which is still low- to start giving its service the appearance of a genuine 'FREE Web Hosting'.
Well the provider's next Plan after ZERO is only 50 US cents.  Can you believe it?  So really, why not just sign up for it for a year.  6 dollars?  (renewing a TLD dot.net domain is approx 14 dollars)

This is what you get for 6 dollars (50 cents/month ) - they forget to mention the biggest PLUS in the service which is free GENUINE up to date cpanel with softaculous and client area with ability to create tickets. I'm impressed.

Quote:Single Domain Hosting
Unlimited Web Space
Unlimited Bandwidth
10 Email Accounts
10 Sub Domains
FREE Auto SSL
DDOS Protection
99.99% up time
Softacolous Supported
Tier 2 Technical Support
Source: https://www.hostpoco.com/
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-23-2021, 01:44 PM
Last Post: xdude
01-12-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: phoenixwolf

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting