arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freenom DNS works for me!
I have a few Freenom free domains and during the last week when I had to move five Websites and change DNS, Freenom DNS propagated faster than Namecheap. Namecheap offers more in that one can create one's own Name Servers with one's domain. But with Freenom its DNS is great. I chose to use Freenom's DNS instead of Vesta CP by creating an A Record in the Freenom Panel. That went effortless and propagated almost immediately.

Freenom domains these days are not as easy to get as before though. Something to do with how they scrutinize and compare your user details with the info in the application. And it usually happens right at the end of the application process, annoyingly so. But it's still possible to get a domain if you try, try and try again. Just make sure however that you don't use the Freenom free domain for sites that get a lot of traffic, as I've heard bad stories about Freenom making the domain disappear. My Freenom domains are mostly used with low-profile personal blogs. I've lost the odd Freenom domain over the years due to my own fault, as one can only renew the site 2 weeks before the expiry date and not earlier. And I have forgotten from time to time to renew it on time. In most cases however I've been able to get the domain back.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Freenom DNS works for me! - by deanhills - 05-07-2021, 11:44 PM
RE: Freenom DNS works for me! - by mzltest - 05-08-2021, 02:45 AM
RE: Freenom DNS works for me! - by tryp4vps - 05-09-2021, 03:58 PM
RE: Freenom DNS works for me! - by fChk - 05-10-2021, 02:47 AM
RE: Freenom DNS works for me! - by deanhills - 05-10-2021, 07:00 AM
RE: Freenom DNS works for me! - by sagher - 05-10-2021, 08:07 AM
RE: Freenom DNS works for me! - by Sn1F3rt - 05-31-2021, 12:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting