arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does it work? VPS speed increases from one OS Version to another?
(05-29-2021, 08:48 AM)deanhills Wrote: But yes, I've worked through MANY tutorials on the Web for step by step LAMP + WP from places like rosehosting.com and equivalent, and I think those are tutorials that have been written as "bait" to get traffic and to subscribe to their managed accounts services.  Like more often than not the tutorials are part of SEO.  So inevitably they miss out on finer details like step by step for creating directory trees, config files etc.  I'm glad that I stumbled through them, even though it was a great waste of time, as I then got to appreciate the gaps in their tutorials when I worked through Mashiro's tutorials in the end.  It was a good learning curve overall.

Well, not all tutorials are baited just for traffic. It's just that you should take a look at the command and analyze if you should actually execute it, like @fChk said that is not to follow a tutorial blindly. DigitalOcean has some awesome tutorials, and I find confidence in pretty much every tutorial posted on their website. 

However, I keep a track of what I'm executing. Often in DigitalOcean and Vultr tutorials, there are some extra performance-related steps, for example, DO has a tutorial on SWAP configuration for CentOS and towards the end, there are a few extra commands on swapiness and stuff that are optional. What I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't end up over executing commands than the required bit.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting